bob

Default wife offered membership; why not me

Today, my wife received the big orange envelope in the mail. Her
personalized invitation to join the Handyman Club of America as a charter
member. How many years now have they been recruiting charter members? I
don't know how in the hell they got her name. Even got the "Mrs." right in
the salutation.

I snagged her free gift - the glue spreader, aka a drill bit guide. That
makes four I have now. My kids drew some pictures, my wife grabbed some
expired coupons and we stuffed the postage paid envelope full of our "junk
mail" and sent it back to them.

Bob

Michael Baglio

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 21:47:59 -0500, "bob"
wrote:

I snagged her free gift - the glue spreader, aka a drill bit guide. That
makes four I have now. My kids drew some pictures, my wife grabbed some
expired coupons and we stuffed the postage paid envelope full of our "junk
mail" and sent it back to them.

Since it _was_ postage paid, you could have taped the empty envelope
to a cinder block.

Michael Baglio
Chapel Hill

Jim Stuyck

"jo4hn" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
I write "DISEASED" on the face of the return envelope and send it back
empty. If the mail handler can't read very well, I am removed from the
list. If he can read, the envelope is burned. :-) I am having a good

day.

ROTFL! ;-)

Which "disease" are your "diseased" with? Warts? Wasp stings?

Or, perhaps, you write "deceased" on the envelope?

Jim Stuyck

Silvan

bob wrote:

member. How many years now have they been recruiting charter members? I
don't know how in the hell they got her name. Even got the "Mrs." right
in the salutation.

Yeah, I know how that goes. I've been a Popular Mechanics subscriber for
years and years.

Mrs. Renee O. McIntyre

*sigh*

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
Confirmed post number: 16554 Approximate word count: 496620

Igor

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 16:07:43 GMT, "Jim Stuyck" wrote:

"jo4hn" wrote in message
arthlink.net...
I write "DISEASED" on the face of the return envelope and send it back
empty. If the mail handler can't read very well, I am removed from the
list. If he can read, the envelope is burned. :-) I am having a good

day.

ROTFL! ;-)

Which "disease" are your "diseased" with? Warts? Wasp stings?

Or, perhaps, you write "deceased" on the envelope?

Jim Stuyck

I think that was jo4hn's point -- removal vs. burned.
jo4hn

Jim Stuyck wrote:

"jo4hn" wrote in message
rthlink.net...

I write "DISEASED" on the face of the return envelope and send it back
empty. If the mail handler can't read very well, I am removed from the
list. If he can read, the envelope is burned. :-) I am having a good

day.

ROTFL! ;-)

Which "disease" are your "diseased" with? Warts? Wasp stings?

Or, perhaps, you write "deceased" on the envelope?

Jim Stuyck

One of my purposes in life is to bring a bit of the surreal to others
lives. Hence "diseased".
j4

Jim Stuyck

"jo4hn" wrote in message
rthlink.net...

Jim Stuyck wrote:

"jo4hn" wrote in message
rthlink.net...

I write "DISEASED" on the face of the return envelope and send it back
empty. If the mail handler can't read very well, I am removed from the
list. If he can read, the envelope is burned. :-) I am having a good

day.

ROTFL! ;-)

Which "disease" are your "diseased" with? Warts? Wasp stings?

Or, perhaps, you write "deceased" on the envelope?

Jim Stuyck

One of my purposes in life is to bring a bit of the surreal to others
lives. Hence "diseased".

At least "that's your story and you're sticking to it." ;-)

Jim

Alan McClure

jo4hn wrote:

I write "DISEASED" on the face of the return envelope and send it back
empty. If the mail handler can't read very well, I am removed from the
list. If he can read, the envelope is burned. :-) I am having a good day.
mahalo,
jo4hn

You, sir, are weird! I LIKE that in a person!

ARM ;-)

Larry Jaques

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 21:29:39 GMT, jo4hn
pixelated:

One of my purposes in life is to bring a bit of the surreal to others
lives. Hence "diseased".
j4

Try "Sieze and Desistered" some time, too.

"i" before "e", except after "c", what a weird society.
----
http://diversify.com Dynamic Website Applications

Noisy wife .. T i m UK diy 53 April 5th 04 10:59 AM
Washing machine offered.. good deal? PoP UK diy 3 September 17th 03 09:16 PM