DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sawstop demo (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/184264-sawstop-demo.html)

[email protected] November 29th 06 09:18 PM

Sawstop demo

There's been a lot of SawStop discussion lately, but (at least here in
Baltimore) WoodCraft is putting on a demo of the SawStop Dec 8 - 10.
Might be fun to watch. I hope they're not asking for volunteers to put
their finger in the blade...

Jack

Rich November 30th 06 12:49 AM

Sawstop demo

They did one at the store here in Providence. Used a hot dog... That thing
is amazing.... but I'll have to take my chances on the old school method,
otherwise I'll not be able to buy wood.

oups.com...

Robatoy November 30th 06 02:03 AM

Sawstop demo

On Nov 29, 4:18 pm, " wrote:
There's been a lot of SawStop discussion lately, but (at least here in
Baltimore) WoodCraft is putting on a demo of the SawStop Dec 8 - 10.
Might be fun to watch. I hope they're not asking for volunteers to put
their finger in the blade...

In the past, tree-huggers have sabotaged saw-mills by driving spikes
into logs.
Now, they'll drill holes and fill them with meat and mess with the
end-user.
To starve them into submission, we need TofuStop.

Mark Jerde November 30th 06 02:08 AM

Sawstop demo

wrote in message
oups.com...
There's been a lot of SawStop discussion lately, but (at least here in
Baltimore) WoodCraft is putting on a demo of the SawStop Dec 8 - 10.
Might be fun to watch. I hope they're not asking for volunteers to put
their finger in the blade...

I'm close to Baltimore. (Bowie, MD.) Where/when is the demo?

Thanks.

-- Mark

[email protected] November 30th 06 09:57 AM

Sawstop demo

Mark Jerde wrote:

I'm close to Baltimore. (Bowie, MD.) Where/when is the demo?

According to the mailing, it's at 11 and 3 on Dec 8, 9 and 10 at their
Towson store (1123 Cromwell Bridge Rd).

Jack

Chris Wolf December 5th 06 04:50 PM

Sawstop demo

I'd like to know what they're saying about the release date and price of a
contractor's saw (their web site still says "being determined"). If anyone
has a chance to ask this at one of the demos and can report back here, it
would be appreciated.

"Mark Jerde" wrote:

roups.com...