DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bench Router ... how to make one ? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/18399-bench-router-how-make-one.html)

Chris James July 15th 03 06:37 AM

Bench Router ... how to make one ?

How do I make up a bench router .
The local store has table for sale , but without the motor installed .
Elsewhere I've seen plans to make the table as a project .

If I go for either of the above , what is used for the router 'engine' .
Does one upturn a standard store-bought plunge router and bolt it to the
underside of the table in some way ?

Anybody done this ?

Help please , I'm confused about this .

Chris

JGS July 15th 03 10:49 AM

Bench Router ... how to make one ?

And more often than not, they are not plunge routers. JG

Bruce wrote:

In rec.woodworking
"Chris James" wrote:

How do I make up a bench router .
The local store has table for sale , but without the motor installed .
Elsewhere I've seen plans to make the table as a project .

If I go for either of the above , what is used for the router 'engine' .
Does one upturn a standard store-bought plunge router and bolt it to the
underside of the table in some way ?

Anybody done this ?

Help please , I'm confused about this .

Yes, it is an upturned router. It is that simple.

Routerman P. Warner July 15th 03 01:06 PM

Bench Router ... how to make one ?

Can't say how to make one. The router table essential elements a
The stand, the top and fence. Many ways to make each. One example at
the http://www.patwarner.com/router_table link.

McQualude July 16th 03 08:07 AM

Bench Router ... how to make one ?

Routerman P. Warner spaketh...