DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bench Grinder Tool Rest (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/183646-bench-grinder-tool-rest.html)

Mike November 23rd 06 08:11 PM

Bench Grinder Tool Rest

Hi all, I'm looking into getting a tool rest for use with my bench
grinder. Has anyone used or heard about the following tool rest?

http://www.hartvilletool.com/product/10920
Versa-Rest Grinder Tool Rest

Right now, they are offering the tool rest with the grinding jig free -
all for $37. I've looked at the Veritas tool rest and jig, which looks
very similar to the Hartville Tool model. The Veritas model is around
$60.

Any thoughts on either of these or a different brand would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

greywood November 24th 06 01:01 AM

Bench Grinder Tool Rest

Well I bought the hartville coz I liked the base design better- seems
more stable- 2nd base slide is only $4- and the price is much better.
IMHO no other differences. I've been in need of one so thanks for the
heads-up.

Woodie November 24th 06 06:32 AM

Bench Grinder Tool Rest

Any thoughts on either of these or a different brand would be
appreciated.

Here's a review of the Veritas Grinder Tool Rest:
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/rev...rindingset.htm

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
Editor, OnlineToolReviews.com
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Over 110+ woodworking product reviews online!
Latest 6 Reviews:
- Nova Cole Jaws
- The Dust Picker!
- Leigh D1600 Dovetail Jig