Default wood hobby shop

when i was in the air force, each base i was stationed at had a wood
hobby shop where you could work on projects for an hourly rate (you
could use their tools and a technician would provide assistance if you
had problems). does anyone know if wood hobby shops are available in
the civilian sector, specifically in pittsburgh, pennsylvania.

thanks,
paul

RikC

Try woodcraft.

HTH

rik

--

Padded room with a view
RWC3
wrote in message
when i was in the air force, each base i was stationed at had a wood
hobby shop where you could work on projects for an hourly rate (you
could use their tools and a technician would provide assistance if you
had problems). does anyone know if wood hobby shops are available in
the civilian sector, specifically in pittsburgh, pennsylvania.

thanks,
paul

PA_Paul

You might want to check with your local high school or vo/tech school. Some
have very good woodshops that are opened to the public on certain evenings.
You just need to be a resident of the district in which that school is
located.

Paul

wrote in message
when i was in the air force, each base i was stationed at had a wood
hobby shop where you could work on projects for an hourly rate (you
could use their tools and a technician would provide assistance if you
had problems). does anyone know if wood hobby shops are available in
the civilian sector, specifically in pittsburgh, pennsylvania.

thanks,
paul

David Hall

Try woodcraft.

HTH

No, theWoodcraft in Pittsburgh (at Robinson Towne Center Rt. 60 out near the
airport) does not have a shop like the one in Parkersbug WV. Although I have
not checked around fully, I know of no School Districts in the Pittsburgh area
that open their shops to the public or even have adult classes. I am the
Business Manager for one of the larger School Districts in the area and have
mentioned this possibility to people I know in several area Districts. None do
it or know of anyone else doing it, including at least the western and northern
area Vo-Tech schools. If you find something local, please let me know. I
haven't even found any woodworking clubs around here (although I think there is
a club somehere out RT. 28 past Fox Chapel). Being ex-military, you might want
to check with the air force base at Pittsburgh International or the army
Reserve base which is also on the airport property (Rt. 60 in Moom Township).

Dave Hall