Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A great assist in doing dados

I am working on a bookcase project that has a fair number of dados. I bought
Accurate Guide.

http://www.accuratewoodtools.com/accurateguide.html

It lets you cut perfect fit dados. If you are interested you can check out
the link I put in this posting but the dados I have cut for this project
beat others I have done with either a dado set on my table saw or a special
plywood thickness router bit.

Dick Snyder

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message

I am working on a bookcase project that has a fair number of dados. I

bought
Accurate Guide.

http://www.accuratewoodtools.com/accurateguide.html

It lets you cut perfect fit dados.

So does my table saw, with a Freud "Dial-a-Width" dado set.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

Same thing can be accomplished with two boards and some clamps with the
advantage that there is no offset distance to measure but, glad you like it.
If it works for you, that's all that counts.

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message
. ..
I am working on a bookcase project that has a fair number of dados. I

bought
Accurate Guide.

http://www.accuratewoodtools.com/accurateguide.html

It lets you cut perfect fit dados. If you are interested you can check out
the link I put in this posting but the dados I have cut for this project
beat others I have done with either a dado set on my table saw or a

special
plywood thickness router bit.

Dick Snyder

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dick Snyder wrote:
I am working on a bookcase project that has a fair number of dados. I bought
Accurate Guide.

http://www.accuratewoodtools.com/accurateguide.html

They work great. I've been using a shop made version for quite a while
for routing dados.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message
. ..
I am working on a bookcase project that has a fair number of dados. I
bought Accurate Guide.

http://www.accuratewoodtools.com/accurateguide.html

It lets you cut perfect fit dados. If you are interested you can check out
the link I put in this posting but the dados I have cut for this project
beat others I have done with either a dado set on my table saw or a
special plywood thickness router bit.

Dick Snyder

Then there is my jig that is self squaring and you can build it with scraps.

http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/dado.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

Subject

I'm with Swingman.

Tough to beat table saw Unifence and a Freud dado set.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking

"maico" wrote in message
ups.com...
Very nice. If you don't mind, what are the dimensions of the boards in
your dado jig?

Take a look on a.b.p.w, I posted a PDF file of the drawing with dimensions.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon's Dado Jig

Definitely has a place for cutting a dado in an assembled top such as
adding a T-Track when building a router table.

Think I would be tempted to use the outside edge of the router base
and a straight bit rather than a pattern bit.

Think it is an easier way to make shallow cuts.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Pardon my ignorance but I don't know what a b.p.w. is. If you are
talking about the webpage you linked, yes, there is a red/blue drawing
but the dimensions are illegible.

Michael

Leon wrote:
"maico" wrote in message
ups.com...
Very nice. If you don't mind, what are the dimensions of the boards in
your dado jig?

Take a look on a.b.p.w, I posted a PDF file of the drawing with dimensions.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
k.net...
Leon's Dado Jig

Definitely has a place for cutting a dado in an assembled top such as
adding a T-Track when building a router table.

Quick and better suited for cutting one or two dado's. More than that and
the dado blades on a TS would probably make more sense.

Think I would be tempted to use the outside edge of the router base and a
straight bit rather than a pattern bit.

I wanted to get away from the possibility of the base not being perfectly
centered with the bit. Additionally, the advantage to using a pattern bit
is that you fit the board that you want to fit in side the dado between the
2 guides and close the jig against both surfaces of that sample and on
either side of the board to receive the dado. Pull the sample board out and
cut the dado.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article . com, "maico" wrote:
Pardon my ignorance but I don't know what a b.p.w. is.

It's a newsgroup - alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking .

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking

"maico" wrote in message
ups.com...
Pardon my ignorance but I don't know what a b.p.w. is. If you are
talking about the webpage you linked, yes, there is a red/blue drawing
but the dimensions are illegible.

Michael

a.p.b.w is the alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking news group.

If you would like, I can e-mail you the pdf file. The dimensions are not
real critical as long as you have adequate clearance for the router to
travel.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"maico" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks Doug & Leon for clarifying that!

If you don't mind emailing it, please & thank you.

Michael

The e-mail is on it's way.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I have access, but I don't see the file there????

"maico" wrote in message
oups.com...
Got it, thanks Leon. BTW, I don't have access to a.b.p.w.

Michael

Leon wrote:
"maico" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks Doug & Leon for clarifying that!

If you don't mind emailing it, please & thank you.

Michael

The e-mail is on it's way.

It has removed 2957 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Burgy" wrote in message
.. .
I have access, but I don't see the file there????

You will not see the file, it's an attachment that you need to open or save
and open.
Titled, Router Dado Jig

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sorry to take sides here but the router and adjustable dado cutter is a
better fit if cutting for plywood. Plywood now days can be many different
thicknesses in one piece. You can cut your piece and use it to set the jig
and a perfect fit. If you use one measurement with the table saw you will
not get this tight fit. Not with the plywood I buy at the borg anyway.