Posted to rec.woodworking

Default David's Kitchen, did tons of door machining today... (w/8 pics)

Hello everyone,

I spent about 4 hours tonight turning a bunch of rough boards into rail &
stile material for my kitchen doors, drawers and end panels.

Here is the rough stock,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/poplarrough.jpg

It all had to be face jointed,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...arjointing.jpg

Then planed,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...larplaning.jpg

And finally ripped into the four different widths I would need for the 22
raised panels required for the kitchen,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...larripping.jpg

Regular doors have a 2-7/16" width rail and stile, the rails of upper
drawers are 1-7/16, side panels stiles next to face frames are 1-11/16 and
side panels that need to be scribed to the walls start out at a really fat
2-15/16 to account for the grossest possible walls. I know that a 1/2" for
scribing is overkill, but better safe than sorry.

The pile looks quite different once it has gone from the rough to finished
width,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/poplarripped.jpg

I setup a Delta branded CMT fingernail profile stick bit in my JessEm router
table,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...sticksetup.jpg

The bearing is inline with both fence faces, no rocking of the straight
edge, but the bearing still rolls when I slide the combination square blade
back and fourth.

I then powerfed all the stock through,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...nningstick.jpg

Here is what I finished with tonight,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...rstickdone.jpg

Next up, cut all the stock to length, cope the ends and raise some panels
out of 1/2" MDF.

Thanks for looking,

David.

Every Neighbourhood has one, in Mine I'm Him.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Nice shop dave, compliments on your perseverance, lots of hard work,
continued success in your labors. Keep us posted!
Stan.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Nice shop dave, compliments on your perseverance, lots of hard work,
continued success in your labors. Keep us posted!
Stan.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Nice shop dave, compliments on your perseverance, lots of hard work,
continued success in your labors. Keep us posted!
Stan.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"David F. Eisan" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

David, ;~) Jet makes a pretty good Dust collector... I'd give up on the
on you have....LOL

Other wise Nice boards.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

David, ;~) Jet makes a pretty good Dust collector... I'd give up on the
on you have....LOL

I have a DC-1100A, with a cartridge filter, and my shop looks like
David's! G
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O.T.

David
I've emailed your company several times and two phone calls about a
planner/molder and a drum sander but no one has ever responded. The two
times I called the guy I needed to talk to was gone. Do you guys check your
email?

P.S. Nice work, since I'm only 45 min away I may need to come and "Test"
your shop ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

David, ;~) Jet makes a pretty good Dust collector... I'd give up on the
on you have....LOL

One day....

Other wise Nice boards.

Thanks.... .

David.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I've emailed your company several times and two phone calls about a
planner/molder and a drum sander but no one has ever responded. The two
times I called the guy I needed to talk to was gone. Do you guys check
your email?

Are you sure you are sending to ?

I usually reply in a day or two...

P.S. Nice work, since I'm only 45 min away I may need to come and "Test"
your shop ;-)

Thanks. Someday I will have all my tools in one place...

David.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I double checked and that was the email that I was using... I'll try again
or call.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
et...
Leon wrote:

I have a DC-1100A, with a cartridge filter, and my shop looks like
David's! G

I think that is the one I have with remote. My shop now stays remarkably
clean except when using my router free hand. Yesterday I was noticing that
my TS was getting a bit too dusty and after using it for about an hour and
faithfully running the dust collector I noticed that I had not hooked the
hose up to the saw.. The hose was still stored, hanging free from the
ceiling.. :~(

Posted to rec.woodworking

"David F. Eisan" wrote in message
I've emailed your company several times and two phone calls about a
planner/molder and a drum sander but no one has ever responded. The two
times I called the guy I needed to talk to was gone. Do you guys check
your email?

Are you sure you are sending to ?

I usually reply in a day or two...

P.S. Nice work, since I'm only 45 min away I may need to come and "Test"
your shop ;-)

Thanks. Someday I will have all my tools in one place...

David.

BTY Mr. Tool expert. ;~) I am considering the purchase of a 16-32
Performax drum sander. Do you know anything about this machine and or have
any comments?

Thanks
Leon

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
"B A R R Y" wrote in message
et...
Leon wrote:

I have a DC-1100A, with a cartridge filter, and my shop looks like
David's! G

I think that is the one I have with remote. My shop now stays remarkably
clean except when using my router free hand. Yesterday I was noticing that
my TS was getting a bit too dusty and after using it for about an hour and
faithfully running the dust collector I noticed that I had not hooked the
hose up to the saw.. The hose was still stored, hanging free from the
ceiling.. :~(

Mine is "plumbed" with blast gates, and I'd say it grabs about 85% of
the material. It does a great job on the jointer, planer, drill press,
and router table, only passable on the table saw, miter saw, stationary
sander, and barely passable on my band saw. I have front and back
pickups on the band saw, and top and bottom connections on the table
saw, but it still misses a lot.

I've kind of learned to call it "good enough". G

Wiring kitchen ring query when kitchen part installed Jonathan UK diy 0 April 26th 05 05:56 PM
Damp/Mould in kitchen Colin E. UK diy 1 September 20th 04 12:11 PM
Celebrity Kitchen Design? Michelle Woodworking 9 December 8th 03 05:50 PM
Planit Millennium II [2 CDs] new !, and other Kitchen Design 3D programscheap software for fitted kitchen design (¯`·...ø¤°`°¤TEL4 ¤°`°¤....·´¯)tel2003@pathfinder. Woodworking 1 October 6th 03 02:22 PM
Planit Millennium II [2 CDs] new !, and other Kitchen Design 3D programscheap software for fitted kitchen design (¯`·...ø¤°`°¤TEL4 ¤°`°¤....·´¯)tel2003@pathfinder. Woodworking 0 October 6th 03 08:08 AM