DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   In my exuberance (ok, stupidity) I glued a drawer together without the bottom... (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/18156-re-my-exuberance-ok-stupidity-i-glued-drawer-together-without-bottom.html)

HarryM July 10th 03 12:31 PM

In my exuberance (ok, stupidity) I glued a drawer together without the bottom...

But the baltic birch makes great drawers. I used to use sycamore for drawer
sides, but now I use baltic birch all the time. harrym

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message
thanks, Harry.

I think I'll glue in strips like you mentioned at the end. I just hate to

spend
so much more time recutting the dovetails. If these drawers weren't for

the
shop I wouldn't fool around with dovetailing baltic birch--it's a PITA.

I'm
doing it for the experience and using the material I have on hand. I KNOW

that
poplar or other solid wood would be easier to machine.

dave

Bay Area Dave July 10th 03 03:44 PM

In my exuberance (ok, stupidity) I glued a drawer together withoutthe bottom...

I agree, Harry, baltic birch is great for drawers. That's what I used for the
drawers I put together with either pocket screws/glue and biscuits/glue. It
just doesn't take to dovetail bits too well! g. In a few minutes I'll be in
the shop fixing my little "boo boo".

dave