DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Donkey Kong Decisions (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/181544-donkey-kong-decisions.html)

[email protected] November 5th 06 01:37 PM

Donkey Kong Decisions

I'm trying to make a decision.

I have a Donkey Kong and was thinking of putting one of the two Sanyo
20EZ monitors I have inside to complete it before getting rid of the
game.(After putting on the new marquee, CP and side-art I have).

One of the monitors has some burn, and both monitors exhibited that
notorious Nintendo audio hum, so I attemped re-cap one of the audio
PCBs with Bob Roberts' kit.

Now that audio PCB doesn't work at all(to show you where my skills
are), and I don't want to bother trying again. So as a result this game
has been sitting here of the last couple of years gathering dust
without a monitor.

So I was wondering if it was a better idea to chuck both Sanyo monitors
and original Nintendo power supplies I have and re-wire the cabinet so
I can use a JAMMA adaptor(with inverter) to allow the use of a standard
monitor along with a third party switching power supply, or find
someone who would trade a completely working Sanyo 20EZ for the two I
have along with an original Nintendo power supply.

What would you do?

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Buddy Matlosz November 5th 06 02:56 PM

Donkey Kong Decisions

What part of "rec.woodworking" did you not understand?

B.

Bill November 6th 06 05:50 AM

Donkey Kong Decisions

On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 05:37:45 -0800, Searcher7 wrote:

What would you do?

I'd post to the correct newsgroup. But that's just me ... YMMV.

Bill