DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Minwax oil over WB poly (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/181467-re-minwax-oil-over-wb-poly.html)

J T November 4th 06 04:42 PM

Minwax oil over WB poly

Sat, Nov 4, 2006, 1:10am (EST+5)
(B*A*R*R*Y) doth lament:
snip I have a pal who did his oak stairs with Minwax water based poly.
It's ugly, the wood is simply dead looking. * Can we go over it with
oil based poly to add some ambering, possibly with Seal Coat in between?

Whatever you do, remember to try it on a scrap stairs first.

I'd use t he 800 number first, and see what the manufacture has to
say. What about trying some WB with tint over it? I've used WB, not
tinted, and it's worked out well for what I've used it on. You could
alway paint. LOL

JOAT
If you're not making a rocket, it ain't rocket science.