Rick C

Default IPE decking- what about rails,baluster,post??

I am using IPE for decking, but not sure about using IPE for railing, post
and balusters because of cost. I was thinking of using outdoor wood except
for top board of railing being IPE. Any feedback on this would be
appreciated.

Ken Schumm

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 00:19:16 -0700, "Rick C" wrote:

I am using IPE for decking, but not sure about using IPE for railing, post
and balusters because of cost. I was thinking of using outdoor wood except
for top board of railing being IPE. Any feedback on this would be
appreciated.

We used IPE decking, posts, and rail caps and cedar everywhere else.
It looks great and we get lots of compliments.