Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What happened to Roy Underhill?

I used to look forward to watching both "New Yankee Workshop" with Norm
and the "Woodrights Shop" with Roy Underhill on the local Public TV
station on Saturday mornings. We still get the New Yannkee Workshop on
Saturday but Roy Underhill's show has not been on for the past two or
three years (Lincoln, Nebraska). Has Roy retired or something worse or
is it just our local programming?

TIA
Dennis

Posted to rec.woodworking

"TwoGuns" wrote in message
ps.com...
I used to look forward to watching both "New Yankee Workshop" with Norm
and the "Woodrights Shop" with Roy Underhill on the local Public TV
station on Saturday mornings. We still get the New Yannkee Workshop on
Saturday but Roy Underhill's show has not been on for the past two or
three years (Lincoln, Nebraska). Has Roy retired or something worse or
is it just our local programming?

Your local. Roy still comes through on the satellite feed after "Hometime"
on Saturday.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I wish someone would hook us up with a torrent of some of Roy's shows.
He's not available in my area now either.

Posted to rec.woodworking

TwoGuns wrote:
I used to look forward to watching both "New Yankee Workshop" with Norm
and the "Woodrights Shop" with Roy Underhill on the local Public TV
station on Saturday mornings. We still get the New Yannkee Workshop on
Saturday but Roy Underhill's show has not been on for the past two or
three years (Lincoln, Nebraska). Has Roy retired or something worse or
is it just our local programming?

SFWIW, here in SoCal one of the PBS stations has dropped both programs.

The other broadcasts only NYW unless they are begging, which is most
of the time.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking

He still has a show. Complain to your local PBS station; that's what
the "P" is for.

Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking

He is still around... http://www.unctv.org (North Carolina Public TV)
produces the show....

and PBS carries it in a lot of markets:

http://www.pbs.org/wws/

TwoGuns wrote:

I used to look forward to watching both "New Yankee Workshop" with Norm
and the "Woodrights Shop" with Roy Underhill on the local Public TV
station on Saturday mornings. We still get the New Yannkee Workshop on
Saturday but Roy Underhill's show has not been on for the past two or
three years (Lincoln, Nebraska). Has Roy retired or something worse or
is it just our local programming?

TIA
Dennis

Posted to rec.woodworking

"TwoGuns" wrote in message
ps.com...
I used to look forward to watching both "New Yankee Workshop" with Norm
and the "Woodrights Shop" with Roy Underhill on the local Public TV
station on Saturday mornings. We still get the New Yannkee Workshop on
Saturday but Roy Underhill's show has not been on for the past two or
three years (Lincoln, Nebraska). Has Roy retired or something worse or
is it just our local programming?

Spent a couple days with Roy last March when he came up north to do a
program at my club... He said that his show is free to all the PBS stations.
All they have to do is pick it up off the feed and air it. State Farm
Insurance underwrites the whole thing...

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

John Grossbohlin wrote:
State Farm Insurance underwrites the whole thing...

They do have some of the better Hand and Finger policies.

(Is that what the ... was for?)
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Gordon Airporte" wrote in message
. ..
John Grossbohlin wrote:
State Farm Insurance underwrites the whole thing...

They do have some of the better Hand and Finger policies.

(Is that what the ... was for?)

Yes... Roy joked, after doing a demo where he put his shaving horse on top
of his work bench so all could see, (to paraphrase) that "State Farm
underwrites it all., Hard to believe isn't it?" I put a picture up on ABPW.

John