DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Source for Jacobs Power collet in UK? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/179986-source-jacobs-power-collet-uk.html)

deadlock October 21st 06 10:17 PM

Source for Jacobs Power collet in UK?

This tool free router collet looks like just the job for saving time out on
site (hanging FD60 fire doors for £17.50 a shot, plus £11.75 for the mortise
latch so hinging and latching with the router is a must if I want to eat),
but I can't seem to find a UK outlet. Google is pretty sparse on the subject
and none of my usual outlets round here seem to have heard of it. Anybody
know of a UK outlet or a US dealer willing to supply across the pond? Router
is a Makita 3612C, apparently they make a Power Collet to fit. TIA.

Nova October 21st 06 10:29 PM

deadlock wrote:
This tool free router collet looks like just the job for saving time out on
site (hanging FD60 fire doors for £17.50 a shot, plus £11.75 for the mortise
latch so hinging and latching with the router is a must if I want to eat),
but I can't seem to find a UK outlet. Google is pretty sparse on the subject
and none of my usual outlets round here seem to have heard of it. Anybody
know of a UK outlet or a US dealer willing to supply across the pond? Router
is a Makita 3612C, apparently they make a Power Collet to fit. TIA.

See Jacob's web site for a list of their distributors.

http://www.jacobschuck.com/partners.asp

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

CW October 21st 06 11:38 PM

Source for Jacobs Power collet in UK?

They quit making them some years ago. If they have started up again, it's
news to me. I've never seen one, just heard of them.