DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Countertop moulding (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/179919-countertop-moulding.html)

[email protected] October 21st 06 01:30 AM

Countertop moulding

Does anyone know of a source where I can buy chrome edge-moulding (1
1/2" or wider). This is the moulding that was used on countertops back
in the 1950's.
Bryan Lord

Nova October 21st 06 01:44 AM

Countertop moulding

wrote:
Does anyone know of a source where I can buy chrome edge-moulding (1
1/2" or wider). This is the moulding that was used on countertops back
in the 1950's.
Bryan Lord

Here's a couple of places to try:

http://www.oh-diners.com/divers/edge_molding.htm

http://www.barsandbooths.com/bandbmetalbanding.htm

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Tom Watson October 21st 06 01:46 AM

Countertop moulding

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 00:44:53 GMT, Nova wrote:

wrote:
Does anyone know of a source where I can buy chrome edge-moulding (1
1/2" or wider). This is the moulding that was used on countertops back
in the 1950's.
Bryan Lord

Here's a couple of places to try:

http://www.oh-diners.com/divers/edge_molding.htm

http://www.barsandbooths.com/bandbmetalbanding.htm

Jack:

When did you go back to being "Nova" instead of that indecipherable
norm de guerre that you were using for a bit?

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

Nova October 21st 06 02:10 AM

Countertop moulding

Tom Watson wrote:

Jack:

When did you go back to being "Nova" instead of that indecipherable
norm de guerre that you were using for a bit?

When I changed ISP's. If I try and munge my email address with the new
one I can't post to their NNTP server.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Phisherman October 21st 06 05:17 PM

Countertop moulding

On 20 Oct 2006 17:30:03 -0700, wrote:

Does anyone know of a source where I can buy chrome edge-moulding (1
1/2" or wider). This is the moulding that was used on countertops back
in the 1950's.
Bryan Lord

This post brings back a sad memory. My 4-year old cousin, reached for
a cookie jar on the kitchen counter. The chrome-edge counter was
electrically live from a faulty toaster cord and it electrocuted him.
His twin brother says he doesn't like firemen because they took his
brother away.

[email protected] October 22nd 06 07:41 PM

Countertop moulding

Thanks for the info guys. Now for my next task, I need to find out what
type of weatherstrip to use on on my monitor top refrigerator (the old
weatherstip is dry rotted). Probably just you standard stuff from the
Home Depot. I'll need to do some research I guess.
Bryan Lord