DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Yates Cabinet Saw 10" - Info or Opinions, Please (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/178809-yates-cabinet-saw-10-info-opinions-please.html)

Ron Moore October 11th 06 02:03 AM

Yates Cabinet Saw 10" - Info or Opinions, Please

I found a 10" Y-A cabinet saw for $400. Looks good but how is the saw in
use? Anyone familiar with these?
Thanks in advance.
Ron Moore

A.M. Wood October 11th 06 02:19 AM

Ron Moore wrote:
I found a 10" Y-A cabinet saw for $400. Looks good but how is the saw in
use? Anyone familiar with these?
Thanks in advance.
Ron Moore

Depends on the model.

Ron Moore October 11th 06 03:25 AM

Yates Cabinet Saw 10" - Info or Opinions, Please

I will try to get that. It does use a worm gear to raise and lower the
blade, if that helps. Very easy to operate.
Respectfully,
Ron

"A.M. Wood" wrote in message
oups.com...

Prometheus October 11th 06 10:48 AM

Yates Cabinet Saw 10" - Info or Opinions, Please

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 20:03:07 -0500, "Ron Moore"
wrote:

I found a 10" Y-A cabinet saw for $400. Looks good but how is the saw in
use? Anyone familiar with these?

Only hear-say. I worked with an older guy a while back who has a
little cabinet shop and does nice work who swore by his. According to
him, they're nicer than Delta, but not having used it, I couldn't
vouch for that.

I know it's probably not much help, but given that particular guy's
recommendation, I'd feel fairly comfortable buying one myself.

Pat Barber October 11th 06 08:51 PM

Yates Cabinet Saw 10" - Info or Opinions, Please

Go he http://www.owwm.com and root around for
Yates American. http://www.owwm.com/PhotoIndex/ByMfg.asp?MfgID=782

If you run cross a Y-A "SnowFlake" bandsaw, I will like to talk
with you.