DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   FWIW I found this on Craigslist NH today.. (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/178736-fwiw-i-found-craigslist-nh-today.html)

jtpr October 10th 06 05:09 PM

FWIW I found this on Craigslist NH today..

http://nh.craigslist.org/tls/216184110.html

I have no monetary interest, just the lack of it to go look myself.

-Jim

J T October 10th 06 10:16 PM

FWIW I found this on Craigslist NH today..

Tue, Oct 10, 2006, 9:09am (EDT-3) (jtpr) doth posteth:
http://nh.craigslist.org/tls/216184110.html
I have no monetary interest, just the lack of it to go look myself.

I know exactly what you mean. Periodically I post listings from
the local bargain papers. Some of these would be of great interest to
myself, except for the lack of spare money to buy; otherwise I'd be
checking them out, and not posting about them. At least it's good
karma.

JOAT
It's not hard, if you get your mind right.
- Granny Weatherwax

[email protected] October 11th 06 12:24 AM

jtpr wrote:
http://nh.craigslist.org/tls/216184110.html

I have no monetary interest, just the lack of it to go look myself.

I wonder what criterion the seller uses to distinguish between
'tiger' and 'curly' maple.

--

FF

Joe Bemier October 11th 06 10:50 AM

On 10 Oct 2006 16:24:40 -0700, wrote:

jtpr wrote:
http://nh.craigslist.org/tls/216184110.html

I have no monetary interest, just the lack of it to go look myself.

I wonder what criterion the seller uses to distinguish between
'tiger' and 'curly' maple.

Agreed - something in those pics is not right!

[email protected] October 11th 06 08:20 PM

jtpr wrote:
http://nh.craigslist.org/tls/216184110.html

I have no monetary interest, just the lack of it to go look myself.

I wonder what criterion the seller uses to distinguish between
'tiger' and 'curly' maple.

Agreed - something in those pics is not right!

Really 'good' curly maple is sometimes called 'fiddleback' as it is
the material preferred by modern violin luthiers for the backs of
stringed instruments. Stradivarius and I think also the other
great masters of Cemnona prefered plainly figured wood, though.

I might suppose he refers to the broad curls as 'curly' and the
narrow ones as 'tiger' but there does not seem to be any real
standard.

That said, it looks like GREAT wood.

--

FF