DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Excalibur (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/177688-excalibur.html)

GLiddy September 30th 06 05:05 PM

Excalibur

Good Day Gentlemen,

Does anyone know what happened to Excalibur? Amazon states that the blade
guard, as well as the Merlin splitter, are no longer available. I know PSI
makes a blade guard, but what other commercial options are there? And what
about splitters that are just as good as a Merlin? I have a General Deluxe
Builders left tilt TS.
Any info would be of great help.

Thanks

Scott

Mortimer Schnerd, RN September 30th 06 06:06 PM

Excalibur

GLiddy wrote:
Good Day Gentlemen,

Does anyone know what happened to Excalibur? Amazon states that the blade
guard, as well as the Merlin splitter, are no longer available. I know PSI
makes a blade guard, but what other commercial options are there? And what
about splitters that are just as good as a Merlin? I have a General Deluxe
Builders left tilt TS.

Don't dismiss the PSI guard out of hand. I have one and it works pretty well.
As for a splitter, I use the Micro Jig splitter available at Woodcraft for $15
or so. It is deceptively simple but works like a champ.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

David Bridgeman September 30th 06 06:43 PM

Excalibur

GLiddy wrote:
Good Day Gentlemen,

Does anyone know what happened to Excalibur?

Thanks

Scott

Per "David F. Eisan":

Excalibur has been bought my General.

See,

www.general.ca

for info on the old Excalibur, new General product.