DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Jointer Manual (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/177525-jointer-manual.html)

stryped September 28th 06 08:02 PM

Jointer Manual

This is the correct manual to the jointer I have been working o with
the correct cutterhead illistrations if you are interested. Am going to
try again to figure out houw to set the blades with a dial indicator.
It seems like it would be very hard to get the blades exactly the same
without one. (Although maybe close enough with a block of wood).

[email protected] September 29th 06 02:13 AM

Jointer Manual

stryped wrote:
This is the correct manual to the jointer I have been working o with
the correct cutterhead illistrations if you are interested. Am going to
try again to figure out houw to set the blades with a dial indicator.
It seems like it would be very hard to get the blades exactly the same
without one. (Although maybe close enough with a block of wood).

cose enough is definitely close enough. consider that the first time
you cut wood with it the edge will wear a bit and that as the cutter
head heats up with use it will change diameter. really, get it as close
as you can with the tools you have now and start using it. if it isn't
close enough, THEN look into better setup tools.

R. Pierce Butler September 30th 06 06:05 AM

Jointer Manual

"stryped" wrote in news:1159470136.830243.220760
@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

This is the correct manual to the jointer I have been working o with
the correct cutterhead illistrations if you are interested. Am going to
try again to figure out houw to set the blades with a dial indicator.
It seems like it would be very hard to get the blades exactly the same
without one. (Although maybe close enough with a block of wood).

Go to video.google.com and search for "jointer knives". There is a very
informative video there showing how to set up your jointer knives.