DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Delta bandsaw - replacement pulley (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/176942-delta-bandsaw-replacement-pulley.html)

Rick September 23rd 06 09:21 PM

Delta bandsaw - replacement pulley

I just purchased a nice Delta 14 bandsaw that is about 12 years old -
per the previous owner.
The driven pulley has a noticable side-to-side wobble that appears to
be due to the design of the pulley. The wobble is not noticable until I
tighten the set screw, which raises that side of the pulley a smidgen.
I have read references to others that contact Delta and get new parts.
What is the number for Delta? It seems that I can only go thru a local
lumber store and they don't seem to eager to just give me new part.
I am also looking for a source for a machined pulleys. Does anybody
have a source they have used?
I found a couple of sources on the internet but by the time I navigated
thru the site I did not find a pulley of the correct size.
Thanks for the info.
Rick

Jim Behning September 23rd 06 09:31 PM

Delta bandsaw - replacement pulley

What did you see when you Googled delta saw parts or Delta saw? I have
found manuals for a lot of Delta tools at their website. That may help
you with your pulley search. A motor store may also have pulleys.

Rick September 23rd 06 09:39 PM

Delta bandsaw - replacement pulley

Risking sounding like someone that should not be around power
tools...what is their website?

Nova September 23rd 06 09:54 PM

Rick wrote:

I just purchased a nice Delta 14 bandsaw that is about 12 years old -
per the previous owner.
The driven pulley has a noticable side-to-side wobble that appears to
be due to the design of the pulley. The wobble is not noticable until I
tighten the set screw, which raises that side of the pulley a smidgen.
I have read references to others that contact Delta and get new parts.
What is the number for Delta?

Try:

http://www.deltamachinery.com/

Delta Tools is now owned by Black & Decker so don't be surprised if the
parts site looks DeWalt/Black & Decker.

If you try to order on-line you'll have to create a user name/password.
I've had mine for a number of years and have never gotten spam,
annoyance calls, etc. from them.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Jim Behning September 23rd 06 09:58 PM

Delta bandsaw - replacement pulley

Have you used www.google.com before? It is a great resource for old
tool questions, sometimes. I see someone directed you to Delta's
website without the Google hint.

Pat Barber September 25th 06 03:46 PM

Delta bandsaw - replacement pulley

Almost any parts for a Delta tool are easily available
from a number of sources but Delta would be my first choice.

Inturra also carries a large line of bandsaw parts..

You don't have to go "through" anybody...call Delta.

You need a parts breakdown for your saw but again,
Delta offers most of that on their web site.

The link below points to a typical bandsaw.

http://www.dewaltservicenet.com/Serv...ns/Default.asp

Pat Barber September 25th 06 03:48 PM

Delta bandsaw - replacement pulley

I forgot these guys: