DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   MOTORIZED SURFBOARD - PDF (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/176481-motorized-surfboard-pdf.html)

J T September 19th 06 09:42 PM

MOTORIZED SURFBOARD - PDF

http://www.vintageprojects.com/boats/motor-board.pdf

Not my thing, something like this and water that has fish large
enough to take large bites out of me - and be willing to do so. I
recently found out that bull sharks can stand fresh water, and have been
found hundreds of miles up river, in rivers that connect to the ocean.
One found just south of St Louis. Scary. My in water experiences are
now restricted to lakes, swimming pools, and the bathtub.

JOAT
I am not paranoid. I do not "think" people are after me. I "know" damn
well they're after me.

boorite September 20th 06 12:55 AM

MOTORIZED SURFBOARD - PDF

The guy is wearing a shirt so you can't see the propellor scars on his
back from ski boats running over him.

But with an electric motor, you could use that thing to sneak around
the bay at night and slip onto yacht parties.

marc rosen September 20th 06 02:53 AM

MOTORIZED SURFBOARD - PDF

Thanks JOAT,
I cross posted the link to my windsurfing news group. Our biggest
gripe is what to do when the wind dies. Although this would not be a
good plaform for a high performance windsurfing rig it looks like it
would help out in the doldrums. Thanks again for this.

Marc
(PS, I once windsurfed around Martha's Vineyard - it's 58 miles around,
took 8 hours, 49 minutes and others have done it in a lot less time
with more wind. Thought a lot about sharks while I was out there.)

J T September 20th 06 06:58 AM

MOTORIZED SURFBOARD - PDF

Tue, Sep 19, 2006, 6:53pm (EDT-3) (marc*rosen) doth
proclaieth:
snip (PS, I once windsurfed around Martha's Vineyard - it's 58 miles
around, took 8 hours, 49 minutes and others have done it in a lot less
time with more wind. Thought a lot about sharks while I was out there.)

When I read the 8 hours, 49 minute, the first thought I had, and
it's stuck in my mind ever since. What if you had to go to the bathroom
out there? Yeah, I know, you probably wore a wet suit. That's gross
enough, taking a leak in your suit, which I imagine you did. I don't
think I'd want to be sailing anywhere in the vicinity with you dropping
trou. I'll probably have that vision in my mind for days. Urgh. You
happy now?