DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wood Filler - Any Suggestions TIA "P9160076.JPG" (3/3) yEnc 1023964 Bytes (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/176293-re-wood-filler-any-suggestions-tia-p9160076-jpg-3-3-yenc-1023964-bytes.html)

Rumpty September 18th 06 11:25 AM

Wood Filler - Any Suggestions TIA "P9160076.JPG" (3/3) yEnc 1023964 Bytes

Famowood, solvent based. Use their "Fir" color for red oak. Available at
Woodcraft.

Jody September 19th 06 02:10 PM

Rumpty wrote:
Famowood, solvent based. Use their "Fir" color for red oak. Available at
Woodcraft.

I will second Famowood. The oak is more of a brown. Good for white oak
and light red oak. The red oak is more red and blends well with red oak.
It stains great. Just keep the lid on the can. You can also get the
solvent to thin it down if the can sets up a little. The solvent goes a
long way.

B A R R Y September 19th 06 04:46 PM

Jody wrote:
Rumpty wrote:
Famowood, solvent based. Use their "Fir" color for red oak. Available
at Woodcraft.

I will second Famowood. The oak is more of a brown. Good for white oak
and light red oak. The red oak is more red and blends well with red oak.
It stains great. Just keep the lid on the can. You can also get the
solvent to thin it down if the can sets up a little. The solvent goes a
long way.

You can also use a touch of Acetone instead of buying the specific solvent.

I have a local paint store that sells Famowood, so if Woodcraft isn't
easy to get to, ask! I've learned that so many of the finishing
products we get from specialty retailers are distributed by the same
wholesalers who supply paint stores, it never hurts to ask in da' hood.