Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Buy New Tools on eBay

I recently started browsing eBay in hopes of running across deals on
new and used tools. I ran across a Ryobi 3/8" VSR D40 Drill
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=019)
for $5.99 which retails at Home Depot for $24.99 and a Ryobi Cordless
Circular Saw
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=019)
for $18.99 which retails for $59.99 at Home Depot, so I know that these
are deals.

Curious to know what I should bid for 14" Cut off Saw
(http://cgi.ebay.com/14-Cut-Off-Saw-M...QQcmdZViewItem)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"Cindi" wrote in message
oups.com...

I recently started browsing eBay in hopes of running across deals on
new and used tools. I ran across a Ryobi 3/8" VSR D40 Drill
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=019)
for $5.99 which retails at Home Depot for $24.99

If you will send me $5.99 in cash and the drill, I'll throw them in the
trash for you.

Max
--
Want change? Vote out the incumbents.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Cindi wrote:
I recently started browsing eBay in hopes of running across deals on
new and used tools. I ran across a Ryobi 3/8" VSR D40 Drill
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=019)
for $5.99 which retails at Home Depot for $24.99 and a Ryobi Cordless
Circular Saw
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=019)
for $18.99 which retails for $59.99 at Home Depot, so I know that these
are deals.

Curious to know what I should bid for 14" Cut off Saw
(http://cgi.ebay.com/14-Cut-Off-Saw-M...QQcmdZViewItem)

Hi Cindi,
Just be sure you know what the shipping costs are before you bid as
sometimes shipping is so high that "a deal" is not really a deal after
all.
Good Luck,
Ronnie

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article .com, "Cindi" wrote:

I recently started browsing eBay in hopes of running across deals on
new and used tools. I ran across a Ryobi 3/8" VSR D40 Drill
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...41&ssPa geNam
e=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=019)
for $5.99 which retails at Home Depot for $24.99 and a Ryobi Cordless
Circular Saw
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...95&ssPa geNam
e=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=019)
for $18.99 which retails for $59.99 at Home Depot, so I know that these
are deals.

Interesting that both of these are offered by the same seller, located in
Bloomfield CT... and GeoBytes traces the IP address you posted from to
an ISP in Bridgeport. Coincidence?

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking

If you look at the completed auctions by this seller, the highest bid he
got was about $15 and most were in the $10 range. Feedback looks ok to
me, this guy does a volume biz and it looks like he is an eBay Harbor
Freight type retailer, lots of cheap imported junk. You make the descision.

Cindi wrote:

Curious to know what I should bid for 14" Cut off Saw
(http://cgi.ebay.com/14-Cut-Off-Saw-M...QQcmdZViewItem)

Posted to rec.woodworking
CC CC is offline

If you have a Sears Repair center near you, They usually have a good
selection of remanufactured tools. The one near me
carries brands such as DeWalt, Ryobi, Milwaukee, Sears, and others also. Can
find some very good buys there on drills, drivers,
routers, saws, along with other small hand tools.
Not counting rebuilt yard equipment and quite a bit more, They give the same
guarantee as new. Well worth a couple trips
a month to see what all they have new in the store. Not associated with
them, just an occasional shopper.
CC

oups.com...