Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Jet Mortiser Manual

Recently got a pretty good deal on a Jet JB5M (708580) benchtop mortiser
sans the manual/parts list. Bought on Craigs List for $120.00 w/3 new bits.
Hence the lack of a manual was no big deal! Except, now can't locate a
manual on the "net". Went the DAGS route and everything that pulls up are
the floor/industrial machines. Lots of PDF's , but none for this model.
Unusual, since the machine is still a current model! Any help or
suggestions. Not a big deal, since I can still use it, but may need parts in
the future or "throne reading"
Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill Hall wrote:
Recently got a pretty good deal on a Jet JB5M (708580) benchtop mortiser
sans the manual/parts list. Bought on Craigs List for $120.00 w/3 new bits.
Hence the lack of a manual was no big deal! Except, now can't locate a
manual on the "net". Went the DAGS route and everything that pulls up are
the floor/industrial machines. Lots of PDF's , but none for this model.
Unusual, since the machine is still a current model! Any help or
suggestions. Not a big deal, since I can still use it, but may need parts in
the future or "throne reading"
Bill

Try Jet Tools at:

http://www.wmhtoolgroup.com/partfiles/man_708581.pdf

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks Jack, I had found that one and downloaded it, however that is for the
708581 attachment. I would really like to find the entire parts manual for
the machine. There is a gas filled cylinder on the side that returns the
handle to the upright position that I would like to replace. If all else
fails, I guess I can take it off and head to the auto parts places. The
cylinder is similar to ones used on SUV hatchbacks. Appreciate the feed
back.
Bill

"Nova" wrote in message
Bill Hall wrote:
Recently got a pretty good deal on a Jet JB5M (708580) benchtop mortiser
sans the manual/parts list. Bought on Craigs List for $120.00 w/3 new
bits. Hence the lack of a manual was no big deal! Except, now can't
locate a manual on the "net". Went the DAGS route and everything that
pulls up are the floor/industrial machines. Lots of PDF's , but none for
this model.
Unusual, since the machine is still a current model! Any help or
suggestions. Not a big deal, since I can still use it, but may need parts
in the future or "throne reading"
Bill

Try Jet Tools at:

http://www.wmhtoolgroup.com/partfiles/man_708581.pdf

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 23:16:14 GMT, "Bill Hall"
wrote:

Recently got a pretty good deal on a Jet JB5M (708580) benchtop mortiser
sans the manual/parts list. Bought on Craigs List for $120.00 w/3 new bits.
Hence the lack of a manual was no big deal! Except, now can't locate a
manual on the "net". Went the DAGS route and everything that pulls up are
the floor/industrial machines. Lots of PDF's , but none for this model.
Unusual, since the machine is still a current model! Any help or
suggestions. Not a big deal, since I can still use it, but may need parts in
the future or "throne reading"
Bill

Bill - I had an idea and maybe it can work. I went to Amazon, entered
the Jet Mortiser and then called up all the reviews. Not all the
reviewers incluse contact info, but I was able to find one that did.
Here is the link-
http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile...903106?ie=UTF8

Hopefully, you can email this guy and he would make a copy for you.

Good Luck
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill Hall wrote:
Recently got a pretty good deal on a Jet JB5M (708580) benchtop mortiser
sans the manual/parts list. Bought on Craigs List for $120.00 w/3 new bits.
Hence the lack of a manual was no big deal! Except, now can't locate a
manual on the "net". Went the DAGS route and everything that pulls up are
the floor/industrial machines. Lots of PDF's , but none for this model.
Unusual, since the machine is still a current model! Any help or
suggestions. Not a big deal, since I can still use it, but may need parts in
the future or "throne reading"

Bill, just email or call JET/Wilton and ask for one. Just last week
they were able to email me a .pdf of a sales catalog entry for a JET
scroll saw that went out of production in 1995, so I'm sure they'll be
able to hook you up with a manual. I also called them recently to
order a part for my bandsaw and they were able to email me a blowup of
the parts list while we were one the phone (couldn't read the numbers
on the small one in my manual).

best,

kiwanda