Old September 16th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

Default Delta Table Saw 36-320c 10 Inch Problem

It might be a contractor saw. I didn't look up the model so don't know for
sure. Mine is and it is also direct induction motor drive.
It is also no longer made.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

"Doug Miller" wrote in message news:3HBOg.1474

Have you checked to make sure the arbor nut is tight?

After checking the arbor nut, check your checking account balance. If

near
$800, get a contractor model saw in place of the direct drive. You won't

be
sorry. Really, you won't.

Old September 16th 06, 04:50 AM posted to rec.woodworking

"Greg O" wrote in message

I may be wrong, but I believe you do have a drive belt that is in the
saw's motor housing. The blade is mounted to a jack shaft that is driven
with a small toothed belt. The belt is under a cover that is on the
opposite end of the motor of the blade. My guess is most of the teeth are
gone on the belt causing the drive to slip under load.
Greg

http://www.acetoolrepair.com/DeltaHt...ws/CS4P(C).htm

Old September 17th 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.woodworking

"Greg O" wrote in message

I may be wrong, but I believe you do have a drive belt that is in the
saw's motor housing. The blade is mounted to a jack shaft that is driven
with a small toothed belt. The belt is under a cover that is on the
opposite end of the motor of the blade. My guess is most of the teeth are
gone on the belt causing the drive to slip under load.
Greg

http://www.acetoolrepair.com/DeltaHt...ws/CS4P(C).htm

Thank you, Ed!
I was looking for a break down on this saw but was not going to jump through
the "hoops" required to see it on Delta's site.
Damn! There IS a belt in there!! ;-)
Greg

Old September 17th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.woodworking

Greo O

You were right on the money, I took the cover off the other end of the
motor and the belt is very much worn with hardly any teeth left.

Thank You everyone for your suggestions

Bruce

Greg O wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Looking for some suggestions with a issue I having with my Delta Table
Saw (36-320). 2000
Series.
The motor appears to be working and the blade is building up the
correct speed. However
when I go to cut the blade starts to slow down and stop after a few
seconds. The motor sound remains the same when the blad is stopped. I
am NOT feeding the saw a hardwood just some pine. The unit is beltless.
I tried the Delta machinery website but they dont have information on
this model.

Any suggestions

Thank You!

Bruce

Old September 17th 06, 05:06 AM posted to rec.woodworking

"Bruce" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greo O

You were right on the money, I took the cover off the other end of the
motor and the belt is very much worn with hardly any teeth left.

Thank You everyone for your suggestions

Bruce

Glad to help! You can send my consulting fee to....
Greg

Old September 23rd 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

"Pop`" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

If you happen to still be reading: You do indeed have a belt; it's worn
out. The belt is small, and is inside the end of the motor housing. Pull
it apart and you'll see it. I'll bet it's completely worn out.

Pop

The same conclusion that he came to when he pulled the cover off, as he
posted a while ago.

Old July 29th 12, 07:30 PM
Junior Member

This saw does indeed have a drive belt, not visible until you remove the case at the back of the motor. I know because I've had to replace the belt 3 times now, and I'm now having a very hard time to find a replacement for it.

Old September 15th 16, 10:44 PM posted to rec.woodworking

replying to brucebrown100, Fred wrote:

there is a belt inside the motor housing. turn the table upside down. remove
the four screws on the cover. you will see the belt it will be striped of
tread . oh! I forgot, before turning over the saw crank the blade up to it;s
highest and also tilt the blade to its Max. this all takes 10 minutes

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/woodwor...em-127167-.htm

Old September 16th 16, 03:14 AM posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Fred, Timely Dude wrote:
Pure genius, Fred. Try reading *and comprehending* what has been written
before you you stumbled in. Bruce had an answer to his question 2 days short
of *TEN FREAKIN' YEARS AGO* So he accomplished, ten years ago, what you say
will take ten minutes. Simply wonderful.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/woodwor...em-127167-.htm