Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Which TS would you choose

Looking for a new cabinet saw and found these new on ebay. Which would
you choose. Also, anyone know what kind of mobile base the Jet would
use?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jet-JTAS-10XL-3H...1200 29419556

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-Delta-...1 20031076512

Not sure if the Delta is worth the $100 more, especially when the Jet
has that fancy cabinet.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ron S" wrote in message
ups.com...
Looking for a new cabinet saw and found these new on ebay. Which would
you choose. Also, anyone know what kind of mobile base the Jet would
use?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jet-JTAS-10XL-3H...1200 29419556

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-Delta-...1 20031076512

Not sure if the Delta is worth the $100 more, especially when the Jet
has that fancy cabinet.

Although I have the Delta, Jet certainly surpasses Delta in customer
service.
I would junk the fancy cabinet in order to install a router lifter.

Either one will serve you well.

Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking

I'm not sure there's a $100 difference. The Uni comes with a blade
(and it's a pretty good one), the Jet does not.

Generally speaking, I've never heard of a Unisaw owner saying, "I wish
I'd bought a Jet." The converse can't be said, I don't believe.

If you're really interested, use the Make an Offer button and offer
$1300 for the Uni, see what happens. Or see if you can nick 'em for a
mobile base. If they don't go for it, I'd jump on it for $1400,
anyway.

I bought my Unisaw (essentially the same one) for $1500 from
Woodworker's Supply two years ago. The only difference is mine came
with a base (which might account for the $100). Given the 100%
increase in fuel costs since then, I'd say yours is potentially a
screaming deal.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.
Posted to rec.woodworking

I opted for the American made X5 3hp Delta Unisaw and really like it. I
also have three Jet tools.. shaper, jointer, spindle sander. I like them
too.

I've had great customer service from both manufacturers.

Jet's catalog shows stock number 708174 as its mobile base for the table saw
you're looking. I'm sure there's aftermarked bases also.

"Ron S" wrote in message
ups.com...
Looking for a new cabinet saw and found these new on ebay. Which would
you choose. Also, anyone know what kind of mobile base the Jet would
use?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jet-JTAS-10XL-3H...1200 29419556

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-Delta-...1 20031076512

Not sure if the Delta is worth the $100 more, especially when the Jet
has that fancy cabinet.

Posted to rec.woodworking

The Unisaw price includes shipping while the Jet does not
which could make the Jet the more expensive one.
I bought my Unisaw(rt tilt w/ the mobile base) 7 years ago
for $1500 and have never regretted it. $1400 is a really
good price.

Art

"Ron S" wrote in message
ups.com...
Looking for a new cabinet saw and found these new on ebay. Which would
you choose. Also, anyone know what kind of mobile base the Jet would
use?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jet-JTAS-10XL-3H...1200 29419556

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-Delta-...1 20031076512

Not sure if the Delta is worth the $100 more, especially when the Jet
has that fancy cabinet.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I'm "on the fence" right now as to which one of those saws to order as well,
the deal is just to good to pass up. I already have several Jet tools and
have been really satisified with them, so I'll more than likely get the Jet.
I'm gonna email the seller now and see if they'll include a mobile base for
the $1300 in lieu of the "best offer". I'll report back with their
nswer. --dave

"Ron S" wrote in message
ups.com...
Looking for a new cabinet saw and found these new on ebay. Which would
you choose. Also, anyone know what kind of mobile base the Jet would
use?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jet-JTAS-10XL-3H...1200 29419556

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-Delta-...1 20031076512

Not sure if the Delta is worth the $100 more, especially when the Jet
has that fancy cabinet.

Posted to rec.woodworking

FAST response to my email!! This is quoted from Timberline regarding the saw
and including a mobile base :

"The mobile base is $149.99. The best we can do on the saw by itself is
$1290. But if you get them together, we can cover the shipping on the base
as well."

This means a new Jet 3 hp cabinet saw, left tilt w/50" fence, table
extension and cabinet with mobile base can be delivered to my door for
$1439. This is a freakin' dream come true! I'm gonna order one now! --dave

"Ron S" wrote in message
ups.com...
Looking for a new cabinet saw and found these new on ebay. Which would
you choose. Also, anyone know what kind of mobile base the Jet would
use?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jet-JTAS-10XL-3H...1200 29419556

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-Delta-...1 20031076512

Not sure if the Delta is worth the $100 more, especially when the Jet
has that fancy cabinet.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dammit, could their shipping be any slower??? I mean I ordered this thing
over 10 minutes ago! --dave
BTW anyone want a deal on a Rockwell contractor's saw w/ 50" Vega in
central Ohio??

"Dave Jackson" wrote in message
ink.net...
FAST response to my email!! This is quoted from Timberline regarding the
saw and including a mobile base :

"The mobile base is $149.99. The best we can do on the saw by itself is
$1290. But if you get them together, we can cover the shipping on the
base as well."

This means a new Jet 3 hp cabinet saw, left tilt w/50" fence, table
extension and cabinet with mobile base can be delivered to my door for
$1439. This is a freakin' dream come true! I'm gonna order one
now! --dave

"Ron S" wrote in message
ups.com...
Looking for a new cabinet saw and found these new on ebay. Which would
you choose. Also, anyone know what kind of mobile base the Jet would
use?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jet-JTAS-10XL-3H...1200 29419556

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-Delta-...1 20031076512

Not sure if the Delta is worth the $100 more, especially when the Jet
has that fancy cabinet.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Teamcasa wrote:
"Ron S" wrote in message
ups.com...

I would junk the fancy cabinet in order to install a router lifter.

Dave

Dave,
I have the same cabinet on my PM-66 except it's black. The cabinet has
a hole cut in the top for a router lift. My extension came with the
Powermatic (Jess-Em) Router-R-Lift installed. I just set it up last
night so I can't say anything about how it performs. The solid top
allows you to custom cut the opening for whatever router lift you want
to buy. It also works with the Jet/PM mobile stand. I have used and
had a pleasant tech support.
David

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ron S" wrote in message
ups.com...

Not sure if the Delta is worth the $100 more, especially when the Jet
has that fancy cabinet.

I was partial to the Unisaw when I was shopping. I was able to compare the
2 side by side. I bought the Jet.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I was partial to the Unisaw when I was shopping. I was able to compare
the 2 side by side. I bought the Jet.

Ditto...

I had trouble getting past the fact that the blade elivation was silky
smooth on the Jet and course and grindy on the Unisaw. The table finish was
a bit better in the Jet too.

That said, either will give you grins.

-Steve

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave Jackson wrote:
Dammit, could their shipping be any slower??? I mean I ordered this thing
over 10 minutes ago! --dave

Yeah, I ordered mine last week and went to the curb to wait for it :-)

I couldn'y get anyone on the phone so I ordered the full price from the
web. After reading your post I went back today and ordered the mobile
base and the said they'd knock off the $10 from the price of the saw.
And yet it's still not here.

Just curious who gets theirs first......

Posted to rec.woodworking

Just heard from the carrier. My saw is supposed to be here between 1pm and
8pm tomorrow. Hope all goes well for both of us. I'll post a follow-up
when it arrives. --dave

"Ron S" wrote in message
oups.com...

Dave Jackson wrote:
Dammit, could their shipping be any slower??? I mean I ordered this
thing
over 10 minutes ago! --dave

Yeah, I ordered mine last week and went to the curb to wait for it :-)

I couldn'y get anyone on the phone so I ordered the full price from the
web. After reading your post I went back today and ordered the mobile
base and the said they'd knock off the $10 from the price of the saw.
And yet it's still not here.

Just curious who gets theirs first......

How do you know which drill bit to choose? I Love Lucy Home Repair 7 July 25th 06 03:23 PM
water filter: how to choose pat UK diy 1 December 11th 05 04:03 PM
Help to choose speed control for a DC Motor Alex Metalworking 1 August 15th 05 12:20 AM
how do I choose between boiler quotes? [email protected] UK diy 8 March 9th 05 11:35 PM
book review - Jointers and Planers: How to Choose, Use and Maintain Them (Rick Peters) Woodworking 1 December 17th 03 05:23 PM