Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default Off topic: coffee cup

From one of the many tool catalogs I have, I purchased a 12 oz double wall
stainless steel coffee cup. I can't remember which firm I bought it from.
I've looked through all the catalogs I have...no luck.
Anyone have an idea.
I want several more to give as gifts.
TIA

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

Is this it?
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...=2,40733,40734

Michael Latcha - at home in Redford, MI

"Max" wrote in message
. com...
From one of the many tool catalogs I have, I purchased a 12 oz double wall
stainless steel coffee cup. I can't remember which firm I bought it from.
I've looked through all the catalogs I have...no luck.
Anyone have an idea.
I want several more to give as gifts.
TIA

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"Michael Latcha" wrote in message
Is this it?
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...=2,40733,40734

Michael Latcha - at home in Redford, MI

No more phone calls folks, we have a winner.
Thanks Michael,

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Lee is offline

Hmmmm looks good. I think I'm gonna get one. The wife will faint as it's not
a tool from them but I believe on living on the edge.

Will
someone
catch
me
please

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 02:52:30 GMT, "Lee" wrote:

Hmmmm looks good. I think I'm gonna get one. The wife will faint as it's not
a tool from them but I believe on living on the edge.

I just got an order from LV as a "last order before moving to Mexico" thing...
No tools, just both types of LV hats, one in each color... they'll go crazy in
Baha, trying to figure out what the hell Lee Valley is.. *eg*

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis
Posted to rec.woodworking

Michael Latcha wrote:
Is this it?
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...=2,40733,40734

This is what I use:

http://www.zaccardis.com/thermos-nis...ug-jmf502.html

Not quite as pretty, but it holds 2 cups, wide bottom makes it stable,
and it keeps my coffee nicely hot for 3-4 hours.

Only problem is that it doesn't fit into the car cup-holders.

Chris
Posted to rec.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote

On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 02:52:30 GMT, "Lee" wrote:

Hmmmm looks good. I think I'm gonna get one. The wife will faint as it's
not
a tool from them but I believe on living on the edge.

I just got an order from LV as a "last order before moving to Mexico"
thing...
No tools, just both types of LV hats, one in each color... they'll go
crazy in
Baha, trying to figure out what the hell Lee Valley is.. *eg*

Mac

Say Mac, what will your internet access be in the land down south?

Will you still be able to cyber net with the old wreck when you go south of
the border?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Subject

These new fangled insulated S/S cups, Bah Humbug.

Still prefer my old white crock coffee cup that probably weighs 3/4
pound BC (Before Coffee) is added.

Have dropped it a few times, no damage yet.

Acquired a pair of them at a restaurant along with breakfast many
years ago.

At the conclusion of the meal, advised the waitress that either she
could add the cost of the cups to the bill or not, but I was leaving
with two (2) cups.

Indicated she would have to check and left the table.

A little while later, she returned with a "dogie bag" containing two
(2) clean cups, neatly wrapped, inside the bag.

Tried to make sure her tip reflected her efforts.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Chris Friesen" wrote in message
Michael Latcha wrote:
Is this it?
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...=2,40733,40734

This is what I use:

http://www.zaccardis.com/thermos-nis...ug-jmf502.html

Not quite as pretty, but it holds 2 cups, wide bottom makes it stable, and
it keeps my coffee nicely hot for 3-4 hours.

Only problem is that it doesn't fit into the car cup-holders.

Chris

why do you need for 2 cups of coffee to stay hot for 3-4 hours? It doesn't
last that long for me...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:

[snip]

At the conclusion of the meal, advised the waitress that either she
could add the cost of the cups to the bill or not, but I was leaving
with two (2) cups.

My father collected beer glasses that way. Branded beer glasses are
readily available now, but were much harder to get in Europe in
1950/60.
Some are spectacular. Holland America Line crystal from the 1950's is
serious stuff.
Several Münchener Hoffbrau Haus 1/2 litre glasses are amongst my
favourites... but wait.. we're talking mugs here...my bad.

The Lee Valley doublewall stainless steins are great!

When jBot renders all other tools useless, Lee Valley will still have a
raison d'être. G

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

My father collected beer glasses that way. Branded beer glasses are
readily available now, but were much harder to get in Europe in
1950/60.

snip

Also did the same thing at an ice cream parlor to get a couple of
glass mugs that became my beer "fish bowls".

Same time frame to.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking

Just had to throw my mug into the ring.
http://members12.clubphoto.com/perl/...m_id=171660519

A friend gave me this mug years ago. I think West Marine stores still
carry it. When the orig. plastic handle broke, I naturally had to make
a teak handle for it. Since then it's taken a tumble or so and been
patched together. It's time for a little shop project.
With the wide base, it's almost impossible to tip over. It sits on top
of the cup holders in the truck, and with the nonskid base doesn't
move.
Good old mug.
Cliff

Coffee Stain Experient Update J T Woodworking 7 March 17th 06 06:24 AM
brewing coffee Sawney Beane Home Repair 66 January 20th 06 07:42 PM
Coffee Cliff Metalworking 18 September 3rd 05 06:17 AM
Black & Decker Coffee Maker cuts on by itself (defective timer?) rlwillis Home Repair 3 May 5th 05 04:33 AM
My $11 coffee table Bubba Woodworking 10 July 15th 03 11:49 PM