DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Look for a good setup to cutting 1/8" slot it 1/4" laminate flooring (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/174276-look-good-setup-cutting-1-8-slot-1-4-laminate-flooring.html)

# Fred # August 30th 06 04:05 PM

Look for a good setup to cutting 1/8" slot it 1/4" laminate flooring

I have couple hundred sf of laminate flooring odds and ends that I wanted to
do some inlays with. My router and table combo wouldn't cut right - too much
end play on the router and table too small to hold down the laminate flat. I
have a larger router table to try it on but what would be a reasonable
router to do accurate work?

No August 30th 06 04:16 PM

# Fred # wrote:
I have couple hundred sf of laminate flooring odds and ends that I wanted to
do some inlays with. My router and table combo wouldn't cut right - too much
end play on the router and table too small to hold down the laminate flat. I
have a larger router table to try it on but what would be a reasonable
router to do accurate work?

Router in table or table saw would be the ways to go. A table saw blade
is a 1/8" kerf and may do the trick. Problem with your router/table
set-up could be the fence or bit too. 1/8" is pretty small. Maybe you
are getting bit deflection?