DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bosch 1250DEVS rattle/clunk (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/174157-bosch-1250devs-rattle-clunk.html)

Jim Murphy August 29th 06 02:55 PM

Bosch 1250DEVS rattle/clunk

My brand new 1250 makes a loud ruckus when in aggressive sand mode. It
sounds like the gears are coming apart. The noise comes and goes, but is
always present when the sander is in "spin down" mode.

Normal? This is my first ROS so I don't know what to expect.

Thanks,

jtpr August 29th 06 03:27 PM

Jim Murphy wrote:
My brand new 1250 makes a loud ruckus when in aggressive sand mode. It
sounds like the gears are coming apart. The noise comes and goes, but is
always present when the sander is in "spin down" mode.

Normal? This is my first ROS so I don't know what to expect.

Thanks,

--

FWIW, I have the same one and it does not make that kind of noise. If
all is tight, I'd bring it back.

-Jim