DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What is the purpose of this wooden plane (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/172088-what-purpose-wooden-plane.html)

[email protected] August 10th 06 07:14 PM

What is the purpose of this wooden plane

Hi,

I picked up a wooden plane from a flea market. Not sure what the
purpose of this one is. It is an inverted 'L'. A crude side drawing is
below with the location of the blade marked with an 'X'.
It looks like if I used a fence against the left side I could cut a
groove to a specific depth.

Thanks

Alex

-------------------------------
| |
| |
| |
| |
|---------------| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
-----------------

____X____

dpb August 10th 06 09:24 PM

What is the purpose of this wooden plane

wrote:

... a wooden plane ... what ... the purpose ... is.
It is an inverted 'L'. A crude side drawing is below ...
...(with) a fence against the left side I could cut a
groove to a specific depth.

Sorry, I couldn't interpret the drawing. Sounds like possibly a rabbet
plane or, if the "L" is two edges, both sharpened, for a stepped rabbet.