Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.carving,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default FS-Saw sharpening equipment

On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 17:42:53 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I just stumbled across some saw sharpening equipment.

About 20 yrs ago...the old timer who ran the local saw sharpening
place died in his sleep. He was survived by some distant relatives who
didnt bother to clean out his tiny shop. The door was literally nailed
shut and the place ignored for all this time. Ive lived 5 blocks away
since 1983..and the place was always shuttered closed.

Last week, it and another ajoining property were auctioned off and the
new owners are going to bulldoze it flat, so they opened the place
up..and found it dry, intact and even pretty much dust free. The guys
lunch from the day of his death was still on the work bench.

They called the scrappers and hauled most of it off, but I happened to
be in the area, and in curiosity..stopped in. I managed to rescue two
sharpening tools

Acme Circular Saw sharpener.. and an Acme Automatic filing machine.
Neither are rusty, both look like they came right out of a clean
working shop with little obvious wear or tear, paint is still perfect
etc.

$100 takes both, else Ill let the scrappers haul em off, in a
reasonable amount of time.

Located in Taft, California, near Bakersfield.

Please forward this on to any woodworking or tools groups that might
be appropriate.

If there is no market..so be it. Least I tried to rescue em.

Post that to eBay, rec.woodworking, and rec.crafts.carving, Gunner.
You'll get a hit instantly.

thanks. I just did so.

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism.
As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural
patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief
in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist