DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   New to group (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/171699-re-new-group.html)

charlie b August 7th 06 06:08 AM

New to group

wrote:

snip

My bench is being made from an old bowling alley lane. If I had known
how much work it was I think I would have just bought a maple slab
from McMaster Carr.

If you are interested I can go into more detail on why I don't
recommend it.

Cut nails, more per square inch than you thought possible,
by any chance? Apparently just glue won't hold up to
"lofters" - the folks who hit the pin (singular) on the second
bounce. To hell with spin! Hit 'em from ABOVE!

charlie b