DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   O/T: A Slow Day In The Newsroom (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/169944-o-t-slow-day-newsroom.html)

Lew Hodgett July 21st 06 11:13 PM

O/T: A Slow Day In The Newsroom

SoCal, the car chase capital of the world.

Almost every day, there is a car chase being televised in real time on
TV, someplace here in SoCal, but not today.

Today we get to see a white pick up truck being chased in Pasadena, TX
(Metro Houston), in real time.

Guess it is a slow say in the newsroom.

Must be the weather.

Tis a tad warm today. About 100F at 2:00PM local time.

Lew

Leon July 21st 06 11:39 PM

A Slow Day In The Newsroom

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
nk.net...
SoCal, the car chase capital of the world.

Almost every day, there is a car chase being televised in real time on TV,
someplace here in SoCal, but not today.

Today we get to see a white pick up truck being chased in Pasadena, TX
(Metro Houston), in real time.

Guess it is a slow say in the newsroom.

Must be the weather.

Tis a tad warm today. About 100F at 2:00PM local time.

Lew

Please don't confuse any of the Houston area residents as being anything
like the "we can't shut up" news people that you have been watching.

Al July 21st 06 11:39 PM

A Slow Day In The Newsroom

105 degrees F here today, too hot to go out in the shop.. Hey thats why
they made computers lol

Al

Larry Blanchard July 22nd 06 12:18 AM

O/T: A Slow Day In The Newsroom

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Almost every day, there is a car chase being televised in real time on
TV, someplace here in SoCal, but not today.

Today we get to see a white pick up truck being chased in Pasadena, TX
(Metro Houston), in real time.

Nothing on TV irritates me as much as turning on to CNN Headline News and
finding them spending 20 minutes on a $#%^& car chase. As far as I'm
concerned, that's LOCAL news, not national.

--
It's turtles, all the way down

CW July 22nd 06 01:21 AM

O/T: A Slow Day In The Newsroom

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Almost every day, there is a car chase being televised in real time on
TV, someplace here in SoCal, but not today.

Today we get to see a white pick up truck being chased in Pasadena, TX
(Metro Houston), in real time.

Nothing on TV irritates me as much as turning on to CNN Headline News and
finding them spending 20 minutes on a $#%^& car chase. As far as I'm
concerned, that's LOCAL news, not national.

One L.A.W. rocket and car chases would not last twenty minutes.

Lew Hodgett July 22nd 06 02:15 AM

O/T: A Slow Day In The Newsroom

CW wrote:

One L.A.W. rocket and car chases would not last twenty minutes.

I've often thought you get a military chopper, mount a 50 caliber in
it, then announce that in 90 days, vehicles trying to escape from
police will shot with the intent to kill.

Probably cost $100 million or so to settle the nuisance lawsuits till
things get under control.

Oh well, just a thought.

Lew

New Wave Dave July 22nd 06 02:47 PM

O/T: A Slow Day In The Newsroom

"jo4hn" wrote in message

That's not even news, IMO.

It's REALITY TV! REAL reality TV. It's REAL COPS. It's what the
average American wants to watch.
--
"New Wave" Dave In Houston