Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
Shopdog

Default Air Compressor revisit

I recently inquired about replumbing my air lines and decided that I should
run 25ft to a main then out to my drops. Well, today I was able to do a good
bit of using the air, not one drop of water came through my tool. Had water
in the tank and the drip leg at the main. I didn't even get water in my
filter which is about 35ft from the compressor. Finally, dry air without
having to go to the expense of an air dryer.

What I did:

I ran 25ft line to the opposite wall of the shop, there I have a 6ft
drop, at the top is my distribution block (6 ports) they run to my various
drops throughout the shop. 2 1/2 ft downfrom the top is my main air inlet
then at the bottom is my drain valve leading to a tube running to a floor
drain. I have a water/particle filter at a central air drop (the one that
will be used for painting and media blasting).

I hope my trials will help others out here.

Searcher