Posted to rec.woodworking

Default I made my first wooden plane :)

It's so strange and weird how much one must gather information and
convince oneself before doing something like a simple wooden plane. You
feel like standing next to a mountain, and then suddenly you chop it
down with the edge of you hand (thanks Jimi).

I am completely amateur woodworker. I have not before made any tools
more complicated than a couple of puukkos. I can sharpen a piece of
steel so that it cuts freely hanging piece of paper or a hair in two
pieces, but actually making a working tool of this complexity all by
myself is something completely new to me.

Well I did not make the blade, it's Erik Anton Berg salvaged from old
wreck beaten by probably 100 cycles of winter-to-summer. I made the
epoxy adhesive myself, though.

Damn I feel good Gonna make 217 handplanes

Samu

Katrina plane giveaway 4 planes and counting. Steve knight Woodworking 0 September 20th 05 06:38 AM
Metal Working Machinery New and Used in Australia and for Export [email protected] Metalworking 0 February 23rd 05 02:54 AM
Hand planes? Guy LaRochelle Woodworking 19 January 12th 04 05:21 PM
hand plane issue Luis Woodworking 2 October 17th 03 05:54 PM
Block vs Bench plane Mike W. Woodworking 6 October 5th 03 04:59 PM