DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Price for 18" Variable Speed Delta Scroll Saw (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/156158-price-18-variable-speed-delta-scroll-saw.html)

BB May 4th 06 05:12 PM

Price for 18" Variable Speed Delta Scroll Saw

Anyone have an idea as to the price for a used 18" Variable Speed Delta
Scroll Saw. This is the one that uses the rheostat to control the motor
speed rather than changing belts. It has the stand and appears to be in
decent shape.

BB

BB May 4th 06 08:29 PM

"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message
On Thu, 04 May 2006 16:12:22 GMT, "BB" wrote:

Anyone have an idea as to the price for a used 18" Variable Speed Delta
Scroll Saw. This is the one that uses the rheostat to control the motor
speed rather than changing belts. It has the stand and appears to be in
decent shape.

BB

Model Number?

I believe it is a Delta 40-650 18" Variable Speed Scroll Saw - Somewhere
vaguely back in my mind I remember talking to someone who said the ones with
the rheostat would eventually burn out. Any info would be appreciated.

BB

Frank Boettcher May 4th 06 08:54 PM

On Thu, 04 May 2006 19:29:28 GMT, "BB" wrote:

"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 04 May 2006 16:12:22 GMT, "BB" wrote:

Anyone have an idea as to the price for a used 18" Variable Speed Delta
Scroll Saw. This is the one that uses the rheostat to control the motor
speed rather than changing belts. It has the stand and appears to be in
decent shape.

BB

Model Number?

I believe it is a Delta 40-650 18" Variable Speed Scroll Saw - Somewhere
vaguely back in my mind I remember talking to someone who said the ones with
the rheostat would eventually burn out. Any info would be appreciated.

BB

Don't know about that model. I have a 40-601 which was the last
American made Delta scroll saw. A great saw, however, it has been out
of production for about 14 years, and I'm not sure you can get the
electronic module for it anymore. I have an extra just in case.

With any tool, particularly one with electronic components, you should
get on the Delta servicenet and make sure that it is still serviced if
it is not still in production.

Frank

wooder May 6th 06 06:59 PM

BB wrote:
Anyone have an idea as to the price for a used 18" Variable Speed Delta
Scroll Saw. This is the one that uses the rheostat to control the motor
speed rather than changing belts. It has the stand and appears to be in
decent shape.

BB

The last time I checked Delta had one. If I remember correctly, it was
around 200.00. I had a 40-601 for 20 years and cut thousands of items
out with it. It finally wore out. I ended up tossing it and bought a
Delta 350. You can't compare the new to the old. I have been looking
for another 40-601 on Ebay. Not much luck.

If you can fix the 40-601, you should. The new and old just don't
compare.

wooder

ken May 5th 18 04:44 PM

Price for 18" Variable Speed Delta Scroll Saw

replying to BB, ken wrote:
Are you looking to sell the saw, I'm interested
K P B

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...saw-98356-.htm

Markem[_2_] May 5th 18 08:37 PM

Price for 18" Variable Speed Delta Scroll Saw

On Sat, 05 May 2018 15:44:04 GMT, ken
m wrote:

replying to BB, ken wrote:
Are you looking to sell the saw, I'm interested
K P B

Might get a bargain, some 12 years and a day after that post if he has
not sold it yet.

Ilene S Terrell June 25th 20 05:14 PM

Price for 18" Variable Speed Delta Scroll Saw

replying to wooder, Ilene S Terrell wrote:
BB: I have a 40-601 in mint condition with stand and light. I have the
original manual that came with it. I just didn't use it much and it is
sitting in my shop. I can send pics if you are interested. It has the stand
and the light as well and a bunch of blades. If interested, let me know.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...saw-98356-.htm

Ilene S Terrell June 25th 20 05:14 PM

Price for 18" Variable Speed Delta Scroll Saw

replying to BB, Ilene S Terrell wrote:
BB: I just sent a reply to you, I thought, through wooder. I have a 40-601
in mint condition and don't use it. It is complete with light and stand and
blades. It has not seen much use in the years since I purchased it new. It
also has the manual. If you are interested, please reach out to me and maybe
we can work it out.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...saw-98356-.htm