Posted to rec.woodworking
Swampbug

Default Ping: Pat Warner

Your router bases for my Bosch has pretty much straightened out my dovetail
jig problems. Now, fine adjustments to the router bit make repeatable
differences. I have control. Ya did good! Thanks.

--
SwampBug

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Dembroge

Default Pat Warner

"Swampbug" wrote in message
Your router bases for my Bosch has pretty much straightened out my
dovetail jig problems. Now, fine adjustments to the router bit make
repeatable differences. I have control. Ya did good! Thanks.

Swampbug,
Could you elaborate a little on the problems you were having and how the
bases fixed them? I have a bosch that has a few problems (bits are not
square to the base) and i'm wondering if that's one of the problems you had
and if the new base fixed it.

Thanks Swampbug,

Mike Dembroge
Alameda, CA

Posted to rec.woodworking
Swampbug

Hi Mike, I can see your problem with the router. I had difficulty achieving
a good dovetail fit(half-blind) with my PC dovetail jig. My problem was that
my when placed bit up, the router base has a slight 'peak" in the center.
This tended to allow the router to rock from true vertical. In my case it
made consistent results impossible and bit depth adjustments useless. Just
to mention, the bases from Pat Warner solved that and they are transparent
which turns out to be more beneficial that I would have believed. The base
also allows the Bosch to use PC template guides which offers minimum
obstruction to viewing the bit in use. In my case they were well worth the
cost, and I would do it again in a heartbeat..

--
SwampBug
"Mike Dembroge" wrote in message
. com...

"Swampbug" wrote in message
Your router bases for my Bosch has pretty much straightened out my
dovetail jig problems. Now, fine adjustments to the router bit make
repeatable differences. I have control. Ya did good! Thanks.

Swampbug,
Could you elaborate a little on the problems you were having and how the
bases fixed them? I have a bosch that has a few problems (bits are not
square to the base) and i'm wondering if that's one of the problems you
had and if the new base fixed it.

Thanks Swampbug,

Mike Dembroge
Alameda, CA

Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve DeMars

Who is Pat Warner . . . I just bought two Bosch Router Paks at the Houston
Show . . .

Thanks in advance,
Steve

"Swampbug" wrote in message
Your router bases for my Bosch has pretty much straightened out my

dovetail
jig problems. Now, fine adjustments to the router bit make repeatable
differences. I have control. Ya did good! Thanks.

--
SwampBug

Posted to rec.woodworking
charlie b

Steve DeMars wrote:

Who is Pat Warner . . . I just bought two Bosch Router Paks at the Houston
Show . . .

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Router Guru who also makes and sells router accessories - mainly
bases for the various brands and models - but jigs as well,
finished
or in kit form. Stops by this group periodically and answers
questions
about routers, router jigs etc. His stuff is very close to
machine
shop precision - which is to say - very good. I have his offset
base
on my Dewalt 621 plunge router and it solves the small stock base
tippyness problem when hand held doing edge work.

http://www.patwarner.com/

charlie b
Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

I have one of his offset bases on a PC 690. The offset is so small that one
of the stock knobs has to be removed to clear the knob in the base (by
design). The stability difference is like night and day and, because of the
small size, the base really doesn't get in the way or feel cumbersome. Best
on the market, IMO.

"charlie b" wrote in message
Router Guru who also makes and sells router accessories - mainly
bases for the various brands and models - but jigs as well,
finished
or in kit form. Stops by this group periodically and answers
questions
about routers, router jigs etc. His stuff is very close to
machine
shop precision - which is to say - very good. I have his offset
base
on my Dewalt 621 plunge router and it solves the small stock base
tippyness problem when hand held doing edge work.

http://www.patwarner.com/

charlie b

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Dembroge

Hi Mike, I can see your problem with the router. I had difficulty
achieving a good dovetail fit(half-blind) with my PC dovetail jig. My
problem was that my when placed bit up, the router base has a slight
'peak" in the center. This tended to allow the router to rock from true
vertical. In my case it made consistent results impossible and bit depth
adjustments useless. Just to mention, the bases from Pat Warner solved
that and they are transparent which turns out to be more beneficial that I
would have believed. The base also allows the Bosch to use PC template
guides which offers minimum obstruction to viewing the bit in use. In my
case they were well worth the cost, and I would do it again in a
heartbeat..

Thanks Mr. Swampbug. I understand now.

PING PONG TABLE - KETTLER, HEAVY DUTY, GOOD CONDITION, SOLD "AS IS". Gooey TARBALLS Woodworking 0 April 4th 06 09:02 PM
Ping N. Thornton N. Thornton UK diy 9 December 23rd 04 09:55 PM
Ping N. Thornton N. Thornton UK diy 0 December 23rd 04 01:06 PM
ping davenoise :::Jerry:::: UK diy 2 December 13th 04 12:44 AM
Ping Pat Warner - re shoulder bolt on your table igor Woodworking 3 November 23rd 04 08:07 PM