DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   polyester finish (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/155475-polyester-finish.html)

fep April 29th 06 08:33 AM

polyester finish

Hi all,

I got a demand to finish furniture with polyester.
To have a better idea about the finish here is link of a picture of a
chair with the required finish:

http://www.metric-in.com/img/chair_detail.jpg

the only thing I know is that this is an ordinary wood chair covered
with...
glass reinforced polyester with silk screen flower pattern...

I've little or no experience with polyester finishing, so I'm looking
for some place to start, book, web or other basic info that might get
me on track.

All info is greatly appreciated

Jill

Hambone Slim April 29th 06 12:09 PM

polyester finish

"fep" wrote...

I got a demand to finish furniture with polyester.

Jill:

We've a shop in my area that does nothing but finishing. When I've had to
have polyester for a customer, I did the work and sent the pieces to the
finishing shop, and they came back perfect. I thought this made better
sense for my shop, rather than wrestling with a difficult & dangerous
technique that I might well not use again. This turned out to be more
profitable for me.

So I guess my advice is to sub out the finishing Hope that isn't too
incredibly useless.

--
Timothy Juvenal
www.rude-tone.com/work.htm

fep April 29th 06 02:28 PM

polyester finish

thank you for this suggestion. problem is that i really would like to
master these things myself. even if it takes some failures. May be this
time, i'll leave it to pros... anyhow, if you have any sources you
would like to share, please let me know.
Thanks again
Jill

dadiOH April 29th 06 03:02 PM

polyester finish

fep wrote:
thank you for this suggestion. problem is that i really would like to
master these things myself. even if it takes some failures. May be
this time, i'll leave it to pros... anyhow, if you have any sources
you would like to share, please let me know.
Thanks again
Jill

See my reply in rec.boats.building

--