DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   need tongue and groove cedar (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/155144-need-tongue-groove-cedar.html)

dog4 April 27th 06 03:11 AM

need tongue and groove cedar

I ordered some tongue and groove cedar over a month ago and the jobber
cannot tell me anything about where it is and how long it will take to
get here. They say it taqkes a long time to tool up to do this. If I
had the time I could do it on my router table in a day.
I would like to find another supplier. I need about 200 bdft of
3/4x8"x8' finished one side. I am finishing an addition to a Lindal
cedar cabin.
I am in the western North Carolina area.
Any tips greatly appreciated.

Bill Benton

Joe Gorman April 27th 06 01:09 PM

dog4 wrote:
I ordered some tongue and groove cedar over a month ago and the jobber
cannot tell me anything about where it is and how long it will take to
get here. They say it taqkes a long time to tool up to do this. If I
had the time I could do it on my router table in a day.
I would like to find another supplier. I need about 200 bdft of
3/4x8"x8' finished one side. I am finishing an addition to a Lindal
cedar cabin.
I am in the western North Carolina area.
Any tips greatly appreciated.

Bill Benton

http://walllumber.com/soft.asp
narrower that you specified
http://www.hardwoodstore.com/plywood.html#paneling
http://www.cedarusa.com/products.htm
Joe

HerHusband April 27th 06 03:50 PM

need tongue and groove cedar

I ordered some tongue and groove cedar over a month ago and the jobber
cannot tell me anything about where it is and how long it will take to
get here. They say it taqkes a long time to tool up to do this. If I
had the time I could do it on my router table in a day.
I would like to find another supplier. I need about 200 bdft of
3/4x8"x8' finished one side. I am finishing an addition to a Lindal
cedar cabin. I am in the western North Carolina area.

I don't know what grade of lumber you are looking for, but we bought a few
bundles of #3 T&G cedar to use on the ceilings of our house, from Barmon
Lumber in Sultan, WA (Sorry, no web site or phone number handy). Being #3
lumber, we had to cut around a lot of knots, splits and broken tongues. I'd
estimate 1/2 to 2/3 of each bundle resulted in waste, but at 1/4 the cost
of locally available cedar we still came out ahead. We cut the scraps into
firewood, and have been using them in our woodstove the past couple of
years.

If you need a higher quality cedar, check with Bear Creek Lumber. They
should be able to supply whatever you need, though they're a bit pricier.

Anthony