DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tee Nuts (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/154987-tee-nuts.html)

boden April 25th 06 08:19 PM

Tee Nuts

I'd like to locate a source for 1/4-20 stainless tee nuts without prongs
in the base. For appearance reasons I'd prefer not to have the prongs.
I do have a few but don't recall where I bought them.

Is anyone aware of a source for a few hundred of these?

Thanks,
Boden

RayV April 25th 06 08:51 PM

Tee Nuts

Maybe try searching for them as "connector bolts" or "cap nuts"

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=368

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=369

Chris Friesen April 25th 06 09:51 PM

Tee Nuts

boden wrote:
I'd like to locate a source for 1/4-20 stainless tee nuts without prongs
in the base. For appearance reasons I'd prefer not to have the prongs.
I do have a few but don't recall where I bought them.

Are you looking for propell nuts? There's a picture at:

http://www.stafast.com/images/parts_tnuts_propell.jpg

Chris

Ron Magen April 25th 06 10:54 PM

Tee Nuts

I don't know about 'no prongs', but my buddies at www.McFeeleys.com have
them in stainless. Also Threaded Inserts which may suit your purpose even
better.

Regards & good Luck,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop

Gooey TARBALLS April 26th 06 02:35 AM

Tee Nuts

1/4-20 Stainless Steel Tee Nuts
http://www.mcfeelys.com/product.asp?pid=SSN-2520

Gooey TARBALLS April 26th 06 02:42 AM

Tee Nuts

Barrel Nuts - S/S
Barrel Nuts are perfect for Thru Bolting in marine applications. Jamestown
Distributors has barrel nuts in chromed brass and stainless steel....

Bob AZ April 26th 06 05:53 AM

Tee Nuts

boden wrote:
I'd like to locate a source for 1/4-20 stainless tee nuts without prongs
in the base. For appearance reasons I'd prefer not to have the prongs.
I do have a few but don't recall where I bought them.

Is anyone aware of a source for a few hundred of these?

Thanks,
Boden

McMaster-Carr. They are expensive.

Bob AZ

Morris Dovey April 26th 06 02:53 PM

Tee Nuts

boden (in ) said:

| I'd like to locate a source for 1/4-20 stainless tee nuts without
| prongs in the base. For appearance reasons I'd prefer not to have
| the prongs. I do have a few but don't recall where I bought them.
|
| Is anyone aware of a source for a few hundred of these?

Check the top-left photo-link on the manufacturer's web page at
http://stafast.com/products/index.html and see if this is what you're
looking for.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

mac davis April 26th 06 04:13 PM

Tee Nuts

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:19:37 -0400, boden wrote:

I'd like to locate a source for 1/4-20 stainless tee nuts without prongs
in the base. For appearance reasons I'd prefer not to have the prongs.
I do have a few but don't recall where I bought them.

Is anyone aware of a source for a few hundred of these?

Thanks,
Boden

I buy 'em at Lowes all the time... they have small nail holes in them instead of
those damn prongs that bend or carve grooves in the wood all the time...

The look pretty good if you take the time to use a couple of different size
forstner bits to counter sink them..
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis

boden April 26th 06 08:50 PM

Tee Nuts

Thanks all. I now know that I am looking for Propell nuts.

Now, all I need is to find them in stainless.

Boden

Roy Smith April 30th 06 12:05 AM

Tee Nuts

In article , boden
wrote:

I'd like to locate a source for 1/4-20 stainless tee nuts without prongs
in the base. For appearance reasons I'd prefer not to have the prongs.
I do have a few but don't recall where I bought them.

Is anyone aware of a source for a few hundred of these?

Thanks,
Boden

Not quite what you asked for, but close..

http://www.shipstore.com/SS/HTML/BEC/BECBB25001.html