DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   decent drill press in UK ? record DP58 any good? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/152962-decent-drill-press-uk-record-dp58-any-good.html)

graham April 11th 06 09:43 PM

decent drill press in UK ? record DP58 any good?

Really time to get my own drill press.
Has anyone used the record DP58 and care to share their opinions?

John Young April 12th 06 08:18 PM

decent drill press in UK ? record DP58 any good?

Haven't used that model, but did buy the SIPS variable speed workbench
drill press. Very impressed with quality of build and with infinite
speeds between 400 rpm and 2400 which are changed by the simple
turning of a wheel makes use very simple. If I remember correctly, the
price I paid was just under £120, which I thought was great value.

John