DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Help with an interior railing (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/151415-help-interior-railing.html)

Bill March 31st 06 01:12 AM

Help with an interior railing

Ladies/Guys,

I have an interior second floor landing with a long straight railing. There
is no side support and it is a little weak. I am afraid the little one is
going to lean to hard on it.

I remember some older houses having a diagonal support off a little
extension on a stair or the floor - sort of a baluster on an angle to the
straight run. I don't know what it is called . I guess I could design one,
but I don't want to redesign the wheel.

Can anyone point me to one, or explain how this should be constructed.

Thanks,

--

Bill