Posted to rec.woodworking
Rick R.

Default Glass or acrylic panels for cabinet doors

Hey, does anyody know a good online source for frosted glass or acrylic
panels for some kitchen cabinet doors I have? Google brings up a lot of
junk, but nothing for just the panels. I'm finding nothing but stained
glass, or sites that want to sell you cabinets. Looks like the cabinets at
the local big-box supply has some variety, but I just haven't seen something
I like.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking
todd

"Rick R." wrote in message
Hey, does anyody know a good online source for frosted glass or acrylic
panels for some kitchen cabinet doors I have? Google brings up a lot of
junk, but nothing for just the panels. I'm finding nothing but stained
glass, or sites that want to sell you cabinets. Looks like the cabinets
at the local big-box supply has some variety, but I just haven't seen
something I like.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Look up your local glass shop. Mine has just about any kind of glass or
acrylic panel you could want. I stopped in not long ago to see what they
could do. I haven't used them yet, but when I need to, I know where to go.

todd

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article ,
"Rick R." wrote:

Hey, does anyody know a good online source for frosted glass or acrylic
panels for some kitchen cabinet doors I have? Google brings up a lot of
junk, but nothing for just the panels. I'm finding nothing but stained
glass, or sites that want to sell you cabinets. Looks like the cabinets at
the local big-box supply has some variety, but I just haven't seen something
I like.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Home Depot sells sheets of Lexan for burglar-proofing.
Crystal clear, cut with a table saw (use aproper blade) or scoring knife
and snapping it to size. Not cheap, but nice and safe.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Wood Butcher

I found these a couple of years ago:
(No connection & blah, blah, blah)
http://hollanderglass.com/texas/txarchclrhome.shtml
http://www.hotglassdesign.co.uk/textured_glass.htm
http://www.stainedglasssource.com/
http://www.plasticsheet.com.tw/pmma1.html
http://store.allstainedglass.com/index.html
http://www.rockler.com/

Art

"Rick R." wrote in message
Hey, does anyody know a good online source for frosted glass or acrylic
panels for some kitchen cabinet doors I have? Google brings up a lot of
junk, but nothing for just the panels. I'm finding nothing but stained
glass, or sites that want to sell you cabinets. Looks like the cabinets at
the local big-box supply has some variety, but I just haven't seen something
I like.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking
bent

ah, daylight, I can find my keys.

you can put an orbital sander to plastic to haze it. I just built a
bathroom window around what used to be the outside storm. Actually I had
experimented on the piece before it spent the winter outside. I used up to
2000 grit, and fine rubbing compound to find out if I do get it smooth/see
through/clear, for watch faces, motorcycle screens, etc. Couldn't,
wouldn't, doubt if poss.

I think I started and went with 120, or 150.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Barber

These folks normally stock several flavors of door glass...

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...B&filter=glass