DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Beginner question (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/150723-beginner-question.html)

Dave Nay March 26th 06 03:55 PM

Beginner question

Hi Guys!

What the heck does ATB mean on a saw blade tooth profile? I am looking
for a blade to replace my OEM table saw blade (most likely the Forrest
WWII), and I keep seeing ATB as the tooth spec.

Thanks!
Dave

stoutman March 26th 06 03:58 PM

Beginner question

"Dave Nay" davedotnay@vidanaydotcom wrote in message
Hi Guys!

What the heck does ATB mean on a saw blade tooth profile? I am looking
for a blade to replace my OEM table saw blade (most likely the Forrest
WWII), and I keep seeing ATB as the tooth spec.

Thanks!
Dave

Alternate Tob Bevel
http://www.dynamic-saw-blade-sharpen...h-designs.html

--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com

stoutman March 26th 06 03:59 PM

Beginner question

Another good link:

http://www.dewalt.com/us/articles/ar...working&ID=353

stoutman March 26th 06 04:03 PM

Beginner question

Thats Top NOT Tob.

Dam spell check!

Leon March 26th 06 04:04 PM

Beginner question

"stoutman" .@. wrote in message
m...

Alternate Tob Bevel
http://www.dynamic-saw-blade-sharpen...h-designs.html

I see that the link shows a tooth configurations "CTC-California Triple
Chip" What is it with those people out there. ;~)

Dave Nay March 26th 06 04:06 PM

Beginner question

stoutman wrote:
Alternate Tob Bevel
http://www.dynamic-saw-blade-sharpen...h-designs.html

Excellent! Thank you very much!

stoutman March 26th 06 04:15 PM

Beginner question

I see that the link shows a tooth configurations "CTC-California Triple
Chip" What is it with those people out there. ;~)

That's ok. We have the NCQC out here. North Carolina Quad Chip!

Fred March 26th 06 04:21 PM

Beginner question

Dave Nay wrote:
Hi Guys!

What the heck does ATB mean on a saw blade tooth profile? I am looking
for a blade to replace my OEM table saw blade (most likely the Forrest
WWII), and I keep seeing ATB as the tooth spec.

That's Alternate Top Bevel. The cutting tip of the teeth is slanted to
provide cleaner cutting for crosscuts. The slant alternates on adjacent
teeth. Frequently there is a flat top tooth interspersed to provide a
flatter bottom to the kerf. ATBR = Alternate top bevel with reker.
Fred

Robatoy March 26th 06 05:30 PM

Beginner question

In article ,
"Leon" wrote:

"stoutman" .@. wrote in message
m...

Alternate Tob Bevel
http://www.dynamic-saw-blade-sharpen...h-designs.html

I see that the link shows a tooth configurations "CTC-California Triple
Chip" What is it with those people out there. ;~)

Call it what you will, but that CTC makes a whole lot of sense... to me
anyway. Looks like a horsepower hawg though...
If I can get something like that with a 5-degree hook and only 40 teeth,
at exactly .125 wide, It might be what the doctor ordered.

And you're right, a lot of strange things come from California. A long
time friend of mine, recently married a fellow from California who has a
dog named Makita, which looks like an electrocuted sheepdog which just
stepped out of the dryer. At about 120 pounds, that dog looks weird...
like his owner, but at 200 pounds.... and both look to be perpetually
stoned. (They're not users, btw)

Leon March 28th 06 01:15 AM

Beginner question

"Robatoy" wrote in message
Call it what you will, but that CTC makes a whole lot of sense... to me
anyway. Looks like a horsepower hawg though...
If I can get something like that with a 5-degree hook and only 40 teeth,
at exactly .125 wide, It might be what the doctor ordered.

I was thinking that it would produce saw dust that would not cause cancer
for those that live in California. I know my BBQ charcoal causes cancer if
you live in California. Kind of a sickly bunch. ;~)