DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How would you cut this shape? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/149678-how-would-you-cut-shape.html)

RicodJour March 18th 06 05:21 PM

How would you cut this shape?

http://www.planetperplex.com/en/img.php?id=153

No points unless you've actually cut the wood and it works.

Frank Ketchum March 18th 06 06:53 PM

How would you cut this shape?

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.planetperplex.com/en/img.php?id=153

No points unless you've actually cut the wood and it works.

With Photoshop.

Joe March 18th 06 07:01 PM

How would you cut this shape?

On 18 Mar 2006 09:21:06 -0800, "RicodJour"
wrote:

http://www.planetperplex.com/en/img.php?id=153

No points unless you've actually cut the wood and it works.

It does not indicate whether it is/can be two pieces. If so it is
rather simple.
If not I can make it with a 3 passes on a table saw with a dado blade.

BillyBob March 18th 06 08:02 PM

How would you cut this shape?

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.planetperplex.com/en/img.php?id=153

No points unless you've actually cut the wood and it works.

Things like this really annoy me because they always post a single
photograph that has some play with the lighting. If its a real puzzler,
there shouldn't be any problem showing multiple views with good light.
Otherwise, its a just an optical illusion.

Bob

JeffB March 19th 06 02:20 AM

How would you cut this shape?

You need a very special router cutter - an escher bit...
--
JeffB
remove no.spam. to email

DJ Delorie March 19th 06 04:54 AM

How would you cut this shape?

http://www.cs.technion.ac.il/~gershon/EscherForReal/

mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net March 19th 06 05:47 PM

How would you cut this shape?

Sometimes, these objects are done by arranging the final cut in a
position such that the camera gives the Escheresque appearance. The
piece, viewed from another angle, could actually be in multiple pieces.
More likely, it 'sticks out' in different directions and has the seam
hiddle by the sitting girl.

I haven't seen this one, but I've seen (in person) the more common ones
like the impossible box. They look like a garbled mess of projectiles,
but when viewed from ONE angle and position, you get the illusion.