Posted to rec.woodworking
charlie b

Default Das Lathe Bench - In The Home Stretch

In the home stretch on Das Lathe Bench. Got the conflict
between the piano hinged debris chute and the shelf
worked out, added a rosewood knob the the hinged dust
chute so I don't have to push it up from under the bench
and came up with a way to
- put a lip on the back of the bench top to keep
things I don't want falling off the back while
having the option of sweeping / air blasting
stuff I do want off the bench top
- keep debris from falling on to my shelf below
the bench top.

Good thing I'm using the Build / Design As You Go
Approach for this thing. I thought I'd worked out
just about everything before I started building -
but I knew an unforseen or two would pop up
somewhere along the way.

So here's the next two pages on Das Lathe Bench

http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/...thebench7.html

As always, comments, suggestions, questions and
constructive criticism are appreciated.

charlie b

lathe - metal or wood? Rich Andrews Woodworking 8 March 29th 21 09:43 PM
Home Made Lathe Richard Holub Woodworking 12 December 18th 05 05:43 PM
Home Work Bench Ed Hayes Home Repair 7 August 3rd 05 03:49 AM
My First Home: A guide for first time home buyers Ablang Home Ownership 0 August 10th 04 05:11 AM
Restored Cataract Bench Lathe Jim and Jackie Instone Metalworking 10 June 9th 04 03:50 AM