Posted to rec.woodworking
butch burton

Default Sealing End Grain PlywoodHigh Density Particle board

Recently installed some casework and in a couple of places end grain is
exposed and the customer wants us to seal that. Both plywood and
particle board suck up coatings and I am curious what would work best
to seal those surfaces.

Years ago I saw some cabinets with their bases sealed with something
they called shellac with a lot of wax - does that make any sense - it
really sealed the wood.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking

Seems like Anchorseal from uccoatings would work. It's wax in a
polyglycol matrix, and it permeates really well. It would leave a thin
layer of wax on the surface, but you could wipe that off.
Cheers,

Posted to rec.woodworking

good guy
do you tell me some wholesalers or dealers for hardplywood,such as
okume/birch/pine/poplar plywood from china,i want to buy some,then i
can use them as subfloors,roofs and walls
thank you for your kindness
please send the message to my