Posted to rec.woodworking
jtpr

Default Sanding a perfect circle on a disk sander

Some time ago, on the DIY network I think, I saw a jig being used on a
disk/belt sander to sand a perfect circle (against the disk). I can't
find it online though. Anybody got a pointer to one?

-Jim

Posted to rec.woodworking
B a r r y

jtpr wrote:
Some time ago, on the DIY network I think, I saw a jig being used on a
disk/belt sander to sand a perfect circle (against the disk). I can't
find it online though. Anybody got a pointer to one?

-Jim

http://www.google.com/search?q=circle+sanding+jig&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial

Posted to rec.woodworking
GeeDubb

"jtpr" wrote in message
oups.com...
Some time ago, on the DIY network I think, I saw a jig being used on a
disk/belt sander to sand a perfect circle (against the disk). I can't
find it online though. Anybody got a pointer to one?

-Jim

The one I saw was on Woodworks with David Marks

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/shows_...6906,00.htmlks.

where he uses a jig to round some purple heart decorations into the legs of
this bench.

Posted to rec.woodworking
GeeDubb

"jtpr" wrote in message
oups.com...
Some time ago, on the DIY network I think, I saw a jig being used on a
disk/belt sander to sand a perfect circle (against the disk). I can't
find it online though. Anybody got a pointer to one?

-Jim

I found this as well. Photos I and J

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/ww_sho...418547,00.html

Posted to rec.woodworking
professorpaul

I had a guide that went on my router. Needed a SMALL 1/8" pilot hole,
then set for radius you wanted. Clean up with sander.. Worked like a
trammel.

Posted to rec.woodworking
AAvK

http://www.google.com/search?q=circle+sanding+jig&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial

HA HA! Simple as a pimple!

--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Posted to rec.woodworking
AAvK

Some time ago, on the DIY network I think, I saw a jig being used on a
disk/belt sander to sand a perfect circle (against the disk). I can't
find it online though. Anybody got a pointer to one?

-Jim

I have done it, so easy it's preposterous. Say the simplest circle cutting jig for
use on a band saw:

A nail in a small board.

The side of this board is up against the blade, or the disc. The circle wood the
same width from the center, where the nail is.

The nail as well goes into your circle board kinda like a hinge, turn slowly to
cut or disc sand. It all must be measured from the nail to the [cutter] to the
size wheel you want, again center to [cutter]

The lower board must be larger so it can be clamped down onto the table, I got
great results using the same on both machines.

--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
not my site: http://www.e-sword.net/

Posted to rec.woodworking
George

"AAvK" wrote in message

I have done it, so easy it's preposterous. Say the simplest circle
cutting jig for
use on a band saw:
The lower board must be larger so it can be clamped down onto the table, I
got
great results using the same on both machines.

Use a 1/4 pin for your bandsaw, 1/8 for your sander to make sure you get
those pesky tooth marks cleaned off. The miter to working surface is a half
inch different on mine, so I have to use two jigs.

Reason for this over a router is the uphill problem. If you use a router
and trammel, use a spiral bit.

DIY - Lathe Based 10" Disk Sander Greg G. Woodturning 10 December 27th 05 04:31 AM
OT - 386 code Cliff Metalworking 40 January 24th 05 05:47 AM
Bench Belt Sander? Oregon Woodworking 3 February 13th 04 11:14 PM
REVIEW: PC 352VS 3x21 Belt Sander Jay Pique Woodworking 5 November 25th 03 03:43 AM
anyone try BONA / BonaKem TRAFFIC or MEGA floor finishing products? JP Home Repair 20 November 11th 03 01:49 AM