Posted to rec.woodworking
Don D.

Default Recharging Drill Battery Confution

We have had posts and replies on batteries being rebuilt and know I have two
sites to look at. http://www.voltmanbatteries.com/index.htm
http://www.primecell.com/pctools.htm

One says 2000mAH, while the other says 2100mAH. What is the differ? Is
there any? Is one company better and the other in your past use? Or just
go for the cheapest...

Don D.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

"Don D." wrote in message

One says 2000mAH, while the other says 2100mAH. What is the differ? Is
there any? Is one company better and the other in your past use? Or just
go for the cheapest...

Generally go for the higher number at the cheapest price, but in this case
there is probably not a lot of practical difference in the rating.

No experience with voltman, but have used primecell twice in the past three
years and have been more than satisfied.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim

"Don D." wrote in message
We have had posts and replies on batteries being rebuilt and know I have
two sites to look at. http://www.voltmanbatteries.com/index.htm
http://www.primecell.com/pctools.htm

One says 2000mAH, while the other says 2100mAH. What is the differ? Is
there any? Is one company better and the other in your past use? Or just
go for the cheapest...

Don D.

2000mAH means 2000 milliampere-hours. 2100mAH means 2100 milliampere-hours.
As amperes are a measure of the rate of current flow, milliampere-hours are
a measure the total power in the battery.
It is hard to see how such a small difference in total electricity can be
noticeable.
Jim

Posted to rec.woodworking
dnoyeB

Don D. wrote:
We have had posts and replies on batteries being rebuilt and know I have two
sites to look at. http://www.voltmanbatteries.com/index.htm
http://www.primecell.com/pctools.htm

One says 2000mAH, while the other says 2100mAH. What is the differ? Is
there any? Is one company better and the other in your past use? Or just
go for the cheapest...

Don D.

Go off word of mouth. Im not sure these ratings are probably self
appointed and thus not trustworthy. Likely oneupsmanship.

2100 is supposed to last longer, but thats probably neglidgible.

--
Thank you,

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Try again.

"dnoyeB" wrote in message news:naSdnebJJKXV75_ZRVn-

2100 is supposed to last longer, but thats probably neglidgible.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper

dnoyeB wrote in
:

*snip*

2100 is supposed to last longer, but thats probably neglidgible.

You mean like the difference between getting a screw 3/4 of the way in
and all the way end with the head just a little proud before having to
recharge? ;-)

Puckdropper
--
www.uncreativelabs.net

still enjoy using the old computers. Sometimes we want to see how far a
particular system can go, other times we use a stock system to remind
ourselves of what we once had.