DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Looking for a shelf bracket, need help. (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/146489-looking-shelf-bracket-need-help.html)

TrailRat February 26th 06 04:22 PM

Looking for a shelf bracket, need help.

The other day in a pub I came across these great shelf brackets that I
thought would look great for a display I've got.

They will be used to support 3 glass shelves. 2m long, 26cm wide and
9mm thick. I like the look of these brackets as they fit in with what
I'm displaying. But for the life of me I can not find these brackets in
the UK (or anywhere else for that matter). The guv'nor of the pub can't
remember where they came from and I can understand as they seem pretty
old.

These brackets are of a dark wood, 10cm across the top and of the basic
triangular shelf bracket design. The bracket is engraved with what can
only be described as a gothic/medieval design on both sides and there
is no visible means of wall fixing. Though I suspect they fixed it them
to a wooden batten before fixing the batten to the wall. This is most
probaly what I will do too.

If anyone has seen something like this or knows where I can find a plan
to make them it would be highly appriecated. I have thought of
reclamation but needing 9 of them has made this difficult.

Many Thanks

TR

Upscale February 26th 06 04:50 PM

"TrailRat" wrote in message

These brackets are of a dark wood, 10cm across the top and of the basic
triangular shelf bracket design. The bracket is engraved with what can
only be described as a gothic/medieval design on both sides and there
is no visible means of wall fixing. Though I suspect they fixed it them
to a wooden batten before fixing the batten to the wall. This is most
probaly what I will do too.

Post a picture of them in abpw so people can get a better idea of what
you're looking for.