DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What to do about my jerky PC333? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/146375-what-do-about-my-jerky-pc333.html)

Toller February 25th 06 06:46 PM

What to do about my jerky PC333?

I have 4 PC333s. One of them has started jerking and jumping around. I
have read that the common problem is a small belt breaking, so I pulled the
bottom off and found the belt was fine.
However, the little pulley it goes around was seized. I removed it, cleaned
it, and lubed it. It turns now. (I just wish I had understood it screwed
the wrong direction before I stripped the threads out.)
The sander is about 50% better, but still not right. Any ideas?

stoutman February 25th 06 07:26 PM

"Toller" wrote in message
I have 4 PC333s. One of them has started jerking and jumping around. I
have read that the common problem is a small belt breaking, so I pulled the
bottom off and found the belt was fine.
However, the little pulley it goes around was seized. I removed it,
cleaned it, and lubed it. It turns now. (I just wish I had understood it
screwed the wrong direction before I stripped the threads out.)
The sander is about 50% better, but still not right. Any ideas?

Use the other 3.

--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com

Toller February 25th 06 07:54 PM

"stoutman" .@. wrote in message
"Toller" wrote in message
I have 4 PC333s. One of them has started jerking and jumping around. I
have read that the common problem is a small belt breaking, so I pulled
the bottom off and found the belt was fine.
However, the little pulley it goes around was seized. I removed it,
cleaned it, and lubed it. It turns now. (I just wish I had understood
it screwed the wrong direction before I stripped the threads out.)
The sander is about 50% better, but still not right. Any ideas?

Use the other 3.

I do; but I would like to use all 4.

Greg D. February 25th 06 07:55 PM

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 18:46:41 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

I have 4 PC333s. One of them has started jerking and jumping around. I
have read that the common problem is a small belt breaking, so I pulled the
bottom off and found the belt was fine.
However, the little pulley it goes around was seized. I removed it, cleaned
it, and lubed it. It turns now. (I just wish I had understood it screwed
the wrong direction before I stripped the threads out.)
The sander is about 50% better, but still not right. Any ideas?

Sure,

Toss the PCs.

Buy some nice Metabo sanders and be done with problems and headaches.

Greg D.

Leon February 25th 06 08:25 PM

"Toller" wrote in message
I have 4 PC333s. One of them has started jerking and jumping around. I
have read that the common problem is a small belt breaking, so I pulled the
bottom off and found the belt was fine.
However, the little pulley it goes around was seized. I removed it,
cleaned it, and lubed it. It turns now. (I just wish I had understood it
screwed the wrong direction before I stripped the threads out.)
The sander is about 50% better, but still not right. Any ideas?

I know that my PC sanders do not run well and vibrate a lot if they do no
run at full operating speed. If the pulley is slipping it can throw
everything out of harmonic balance.

And remember, it did not screw in the wrong direction, you did. Almost
always threads loosen in the same direction that they spin when operating.

stoutman February 25th 06 09:58 PM

What to do about my jerky PC333?

I do; but I would like to use all 4.

I figured. I was just busting your chops. :)